MPEG-4 DVB-S2 8PSK H-264 video Is This Available on on Azbox Premium Plus?

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
"MPEG-4 DVB-S2 8PSK H-264 video", what does this mean? Will Azbox Premium Plus scan in these type of channels, or what type of Sat Receiver if any is required to bring them in?

Yes, the Azbox handles that format just fine. For your information, h.264 is a substandard of the mpeg-4 compression specification, and provides better quality compression than mpeg-2 which was standard for the older DVB-S receivers. Providers that use h.264 ( mpeg-4) can effectively get more bandwidth for their money because of the superior compression algorithm. That's the reason we're seeing more and more feeds using the newer standard. You should know, however, that most of the HD receivers support this standard, including the very inexpensive Openbox S-9/Solomend 800/Sathawk 800.
:)

Yes, the Azbox handles that format just fine. For your information, h.264 is a substandard of the mpeg-4 compression specification, and provides better quality compression than mpeg-2 which was standard for the older DVB-S receivers. Providers that use h.264 ( mpeg-4) can effectively get more bandwidth for their money because of the superior compression algorithm. That's the reason we're seeing more and more feeds using the newer standard. You should know, however, that most of the HD receivers support this standard, including the very inexpensive Openbox S-9/Solomend 800/Sathawk 800.
:)

Thanks a lot Brent, there are some new FTA channels in that format out there so I'll try scanning them in.

that most of the HD receivers support this standard,
the nly ones I know of the top of my head that dont are old models

Quali-TV wont (but it doesnt do S2 either)
Neusat 9000 (a model that can do HD but only MEG2 HD)

AMC - 18 / 105 West New Channels:
Ice, Guys, Bunch of new Channels available on AMC-18 / 105.0W 0n C Band ie:
NBC East - HD, Universal Sports, - H - 3780 / 30000 / 5/6 - 5 Channels,
Comedy TV, Receipe TV, Cars TV, etc, V- 3920 / 30000/ 8/9,
Fantastic, some channels are scrambled, but about 10 in the clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)