MPEG 4 Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Look at that nice new shiny sticker I got! That reminds me of people talking about slapping an RCA or JVC label on the Dish Network receivers for name recognition.

The 811, 921, 6000 are not mpeg 4 compatible I do believe the 942 is however as per the person I talked to at the CES Booth that is also the reason they dropped the price on the 921. Mpeg 4 will be up on Dish and DTV by the fall that is the only way the can expand HD programing

Wow. I spoke to dish twice yesterday about the 921 being compatible with mpeg4 and they said it was, as it was only a software download. I just bought the 921 and asked if they would guarantee it and put it in writing. They said they would, to just write it in the contract when the installer comes out.

Let's see. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think the Dshpod is mpeg 4 and it was made to work with the 942.

MustangLX89 said:
Actually, it'll be a decal kit where the user can attach a MP4 decal over the original MP3 painted on the unit. It's similar to adding a Koni, Flowmaster, Summit, or Vortec decal on a Honda and taking a second off the quarter mile time while adding 5 hp per decal.

;) I promise you'll notice the difference in performance. Rice rice baby!

Actually I have fooled around with MPEG4, and there is a huge perfomance difference, its SLOW AS HELL. With MPEG4 it makes it impossible to channel surf as it takes each channell up to 9 seconds to fully load up.

And again the 942 is NOT MPEG4 upgradable, This Ii confirmed with Echostar President Mark Jackson at the Dish Network press conference at CES. Again it is NOT MPEG4 upgradable, the only way to upgrade it is to send it back and for it to get a new mother board or a new unit completely.

MustangLX89 said:
Actually, it'll be a decal kit where the user can attach a MP4 decal over the original MP3 painted on the unit. It's similar to adding a Koni, Flowmaster, Summit, or Vortec decal on a Honda and taking a second off the quarter mile time while adding 5 hp per decal.

;) I promise you'll notice the difference in performance. Rice rice baby!

I'm still laughing at this. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Actually I have fooled around with MPEG4, and there is a huge perfomance difference, its SLOW AS HELL. With MPEG4 it makes it impossible to channel surf as it takes each channell up to 9 seconds to fully load up.

Well if that's the best they can do with MPEG4 recievers than they can keep that chit till they get it right.

And again the 942 is NOT MPEG4 upgradable, This Ii confirmed with Echostar President Mark Jackson at the Dish Network press conference at CES. Again it is NOT MPEG4 upgradable, the only way to upgrade it is to send it back and for it to get a new mother board or a new unit completely.

Did you add the ghetto grocery cart wing in conjuntion with the decals? ;) If not you won't get the expected results.

yelrotflmao.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)