mpeg2 vs mpeg4 CI hockey PQ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tveeman

Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
haven't gotten my new h-20 activated yet so in the meantime i'm wondering if i can expect much difference in the pq from the ch. 94(mpeg2) telecasts to the new mpeg4 broadcasts, thanks.

I also think that VS is better in pq quality then HDNet. The best quality I have seen is NESN HD. The only bad there is you have to watch the Briuns....

You're kidding right? I'm talking strictly in terms of PQ. HDNET may have better coverage than VS, but VSHD PQ blows away HDNET PQ IMHO.

Agreed. I hardly ever watch HDnet games anymore. MPEG-4 is so much better.....better detail, more saturated colors. IMO, the HDnet games are rather poor PQ-wise compared to the HD alternatives.

ok, saw some mpeg4 hockey last nite and man you guys were right the PQ is a lot better, in fact so are all the mpeg4 hd channels. :)

I also think that VS is better in pq quality then HDNet. The best quality I have seen is NESN HD. The only bad there is you have to watch the Briuns....

I totally agree with the PQ on NESN. Whenever I have my buds over to watch hockey, we all hope the Bruins will be playing just so we can see the PQ. They may be the Bruins, but they sure look good!

Bought the hockey package to watch my Rangers. Wow- I love the games aired on MSGHD!
Incredible!

Maybe someone can answer this. I originaly bought the hockey for dish. Why do they show so much less HD than direc tv???

That was a big waste of money-should have waited for direc-oh well.

Most likely bandwidth issues.

Ironically, it was Dish's CI package that pushed DirecTV customers to lobby hard for dual feeds and more HD content. At the beginning of the season Dish had the advantage but now DirecTV pretty much airs everything uplinked whether it be a second or HD feed. I haven't missed any of my Wings broadcast team on the road (except for one or two early in the season) and they are even showing some road the HD feeds when FSN-D takes their HD show on the road. Quite a change from last year. Yeah, for those who moved to Dish to get the dual feeds or more HD, it ain't their year.....or, 18 months to be precise. :dev

You are so right! Im on the verge of dumping dish-But their DVR 622 is just the best!
Programming is really on the downside as of now.

I really enjoyed voom on dish when it came out. They were suppose to add the whole voom
lineup. That never happened.

Voom these days is repeated old stuff thats not real interesting. It looks like its on its way out?

I could not be happier with the NHL package on Direc they have outdone themselves last year!
Curious, not sure of the blackout restrictions. I live in south florida and I could not get HDFSN?
SD Yes but no HD. Any one have a clue as to why this is the case?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)