Posted in wrong forum: Dtv wants to upgrade my HR10 for free?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blitzpb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
So I get this email about upgrading my current HD DVR which does not support the new HD channels. It says it is all free etc. Now, When I called they said that it IS free and that there is NO lease extension or any other conditions attached.

Has anyone else heard of this? Sounds too good to be true. What should I make sure I am getting equipment wise?

So I get this email about upgrading my current HD DVR which does not support the new HD channels. It says it is all free etc. Now, When I called they said that it IS free and that there is NO lease extension or any other conditions attached.

Has anyone else heard of this? Sounds too good to be true. What should I make sure I am getting equipment wise?

If they are upgrading you (the email could be a new promo).
I would expect them to offer you a HR20-700,-100 or HR21.

If the deal works for you, go for it.
If I could get one free, I too would jump on it.
See if they will commit to now extending your current commitment, tell them that THEY are the ones asking you about upgrading, not the other way around.
IF you use OTA antenna, tell them you don't want the HR21, (no OTA tuner)

Jimbo

I got that deal, it worked out great -- except that I got the HR-21, which does not get local channels over the air. When I asked for an HR-20 HD DVR they said there were 'none in the pipeline.'

So, I kept my HR10-250 for recording locals OTA, for great picture quality (I'm in Los Angeles) and a whole bunch of SD shows for the kids. the I use the HR-21 for all the HD content it can reach, which is quite a lot. It's been reasonably stable but nowhere near as easy to use as the Tivo.

The rest of the family can work the TiVo but can't stand the other remote.

Best of both worlds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts