MPG4 for Sunday ticket this year?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
Does anyone know if the sunday ticket will be in MPG4 this year or are we going to get away with one more year on the MPG2 stream. Trying to keep the HD tivo as long as possible

Trevor

So far the D* web site only says that you would need the H20/HR20 to receive any local games in HD that are blacked out from the ST channels. Except for that no other mention of needing MPEG4 for this year so unless there's some last minute change you should be OK.

The sat launch is cutting it real close to the start of the NFL season. And since they havent really pushed the announcement that its all MPEG4, I think it will be one more year of safe MPEG2 HD for Sunday Ticket.

I think they'll strech one more year of MPEG2 given the transition for many customers will be just starting in Sept when the new sat starts up.

Hello I'm new to the forum. Are you all saying that the HD-DVR 250 TIVO I have now will be obsolete when MPEG 4 comes out

First of all :welcome to the site !!!

Your HD-DVR 250 TIVO (HR10-250) will not be obsolete, but it will not get the channels that D* moves to the new Mpeg4 format.
D*'s new HD channels are slated to be on the mpeg4 when they get here as they are going on the new 99 and 103 slots that are mpeg 4 locations.

You can still use the HD Tivo for recording any of the regular channels for awhile yet, until D* moves everything to mpeg4 , but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

So basically, you won't get any of the new HD channels with your current set up.

Jimbo

I've done a little more research on this issue and have read that D will offer a very low cost swap out for the HR10-250 to the new receivers when it's time. How true that is, not really sure but as I paid a bundle for it I hope so.

I've done a little more research on this issue and have read that D will offer a very low cost swap out for the HR10-250 to the new receivers when it's time. How true that is, not really sure but as I paid a bundle for it I hope so.

It is very true even now. I got mine replaced for $99.

The one outlier here is whether or not West Coast LIL's (the LA networks) go away on MPEG-2 prior to the season starting. If they do, that's your space right there.

In almost every case DirecTV will install a new 5 LNB dish for free. Most existing subs can get an H20 for free or plus shipping and handling. Some have been able to get free HR20's or at least one for a very discounted price. Call Directv and see what you can get. If you dont like the offer, try calling and asking for retention group. Just ask nicely and you should get the 5 LNB for free and receiver upgrade if you wish.

Actually guy's
Your post only counts as one per thread, if you have 10 post in one thread, it's still only one post on the counter.

Jimbo

Actually guy's
Your post only counts as one per thread, if you have 10 post in one thread, it's still only one post on the counter.

Jimbo

No it doesn't. Every post counts as 1 post in your count.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts