Mpls/Stp Local Channel 9 Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
If anyone has been noticing issues with the local channel KMSP (FOX affiliate) over the last few weeks, check it out today. I've regularly been seeing issues with image quality during American Idol and 24.

I've been conversing with the dishquality gang at Dish and they've been working on fixing up the issues with picture quality on that local channel. I received the following today:

Our engineering staff did make some changes last night that should have a positive effect on KSMP 9 in Minneapolis/St. Paul. We would appreciate it if you would give us your feedback on the channel in your area.

Thank you,
EchoStar Communications LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

I havent noticed any difference during the 9PM news

I dont watch 24 or Idol so I cant comment on that, but the Simpsons & King of the Hill looked fine.

It's a function of the active backgrounds on American Idol and then the bright lights on the contestant and judges face causing a contrast of shadows. These shadows then tend to stay put as the people move their faces.

Entire bodies stay put as they move on 24 due to the heavy use of low lighting and shadows.

I too, did not notice this on the morning or evening news. It appears to be an issue with how the compression system is dealing with the images.

They were able to verify the issue and began work on it.

I don't have any issues with ch 9 but every tuesday night I have a 5 sec scramble on ch 5. I have been having this happen every Tuesday between 7:15 and 7:45 for the past year.

I've complained about Ch 9 as well. Last weeks 24 was painful to watch, as was now canceled Wonderfalls. It is good to know that they are working on it. I have only gotten generic responses back from E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)