Status
Please reply by conversation.

88isgreat

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Relocated to Maine
My wife decided she needed to have MRV (saw the D* commercials!). I figured since the R15 was acting up, we would take the plunge on a new 2 yr contract and upgrade.
Tech arrived at 3:55 for a 4 to 8 appointment. He installed a HR24 and swapped the H20 with a H23. We kept the H21 in the family room. He also had to put in the SWiM module and the power inserter. Everything looks good from an install perspective. The tech, who appeared to be a subcontracter of the local HSP (Halsted), seemed to have a good knowledge of the MRV equipment. The new units fired up and activated without a problem. The strange thing is, he took the H20 (obtained in 2005 or 06) back as a lease unit return, but left the R15 (obtained in 2007) as both he and the D* CSR said it is an owned unit.
We'll see how the MRV works over the next few weeks. I don't expect any problems.

Congrats 88.

quick question, is the r15 just disconnected, whats the deal with that thing?

The R15 is disconnected and deactivated. My wife wants to watch recorded shows that are still saved on the machine, so I plan on connecting it to a TV for her to be able to watch her shows (I hope!).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)