MRV/Internet connection set up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dem372

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I know this has been discussed a ton on here but I am looking for some straight forward, simple advice.

I have an HR24 DVR with MRV. I did not get the internet connection kit at install (didn't know it was an option). I tried plugging an ethernet cable from the DVR into my wireless access point, which worked, but then disabled the MRV.

I have seen that I need to use a DECA to do the internet connection and not lose the MRV. But I am just very unsure as to what I need to buy. I looked online and I see DECAs, power supplies, etc...

So, my setup is the DVR in the family room right next to the wireless access point. What do I need to buy in order to plug that DVR into the internet. The DECA goes between the DVR and the wireless access point? If anyone has some very simple directions on what to get and where to put it, I would be very very grateful.

Thank you.

I believe by connecting an ethernet cable to the HR24 you end up disabling the DECA connection. What you need is the Internet Connection Kit (ICK) from DirecTV. This bridges the DECA c to your internet.

There a a few ways this can be done. Search for ICK here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Having a replacement receiver shipped to me - but order says...

DIRECTV Serves Up Exclusive 3D Tennis Experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)