MRV issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IowaGuy79

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
I am having an issue with one of my HR24-500s not having recorded programs show on other receivers.

I have 2 - HR24-500s (Livingroom and Bedroom) and 1 - H24-200 (Office). The Bedroom can see the recorded programs from the Livingroom, but the Livingroom and Office cannot see the Bedroom's recordings.

I don't have DECA, as no SWM...but I do have a wired network which have all three receivers plugged in.

They all have 0x5d2.

They are all on the DNS.

I have tried resetting the receivers and the network.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Also Bedroom dvr is set to share, delete from all receivers.

Thank you!!

Office IP: 10.0.0.5
Bedroom IP: 10.0.0.6
Livingroom IP: 10.0.0.4

Subnet for all: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway for all: 10.0.0.1
DNS for all: 10.0.01

Yes. I don't think it is a network issue, as the Bedroom DVR is seeing the Livingroom DVR. It is very strange!! I am going to try to redo the software, or possibly do the CE tonight and see if that fixes it!?

Interesting. From your IP addressing we know that you have Comcast cable service and have their new modem/router. Comcast has adopted the Class A addressing space (versus Class C used for all other home networking setups) in their new router. There are known issues with using their wireless setup with D* service, but you are the first to report problems with the wired version. Since you are in uncharted territory here, it is difficult to give you a specific answer to your question. Your DNS assignments show that you turned on the Living room first, Office second and Bedroom last.

If your on-demand is working OK, then there apparently is something set incorrectly in your bedroom receiver. As a test I would start the Bedroom first followed by the Living room then the Office. This may not fix the situation, but it would show that you are tripping over something set in your router. If you see a difference with this change your only solution may be to do what others with the "wireless" issue are doing by getting another router that uses the Class C addressing, then call Comcast and have them set your modem/router to "pass-through" mode. (Or, if you have an old switch sitting around and you don't want on-demand, just connect it up for the MRV.)

I am grasping at straws here since it looks like you have things set up correctly. I just know that folks with the wireless connection to these modems have a whole series of problems.

I actually don't have Comcast, changed my DNS about a year ago to 10.0.0.1

Internet is a HOA provided service, which is done over wireless. No modem needed, and have a Netgear router connected to D-link switches.

Redo the 0x5d2 software had no effect.

Will try the turning them all off and starting with the bedroom.

Strange thing about this, is the bedroom HR24 sees the programs on the Livingroom HR24....but neither the Livingroom HR24 or H24 see the bedroom recordings!?

Thank you for all of the suggestions!!!

I agree it is strange. If you were not authorized for MRV on the Bedroom DVR you would not be able to see the Living Room DVR which you can. For whatever reason your Bedroom DVR is not acting as a server. When that happens to me I just reset the Bedroom HR24 and it comes back on-line. But, I don't think this will solve your problem. It also sounds like you have checked all the settings on both DVRs to see that they are the same so it would appear to rule-out a setting issue. This only leaves a problem with your network.

Do all your receivers connect directly to the router? If not, do they all share a single switch? From you IP addressing it does not sound like you have that many devices attached to your system (obviously 6) so it would be feasible to run all your other devices off a single port on the router via your switching setup and run your D* devices directly to your router. It would worth testing this option.

I am also assuming that your configuration has never worked. Because if it was working and just quit, that would point to whatever changed last as the probably culprit. It will be very interesting to see what you find on this.

I reset all of the switches and it is now working!? Thanks everyone!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)