MRV problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bababoey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Just installed Sunday, I have a hr24 in the living room and one in the bedroom . The installer tested it before he left and everything worked fine , but now I can see the list for both dvr's in the bedroom but not on the living room dvr . Not sure how to fix this. Should I reboot ? or will that mess everything up farther ?

Happened to me too while the installer was still there. Did a red button reset and once it started booting up hit 02468 "select" and it downloaded the most recent firmware. Fine from there out.

bababoey said:
Just installed Sunday, I have a hr24 in the living room and one in the bedroom . The installer tested it before he left and everything worked fine , but now I can see the list for both dvr's in the bedroom but not on the living room dvr . Not sure how to fix this. Should I reboot ? or will that mess everything up farther ?

Red reset. When it says "Hello" hit 02468 which forces a download. Should fix it.

Red button reset worked . Another question I have 2 dvr's and 1 hd receiver. Can I still just watch 2 recorded shows at once even with 2 dvrs ?

Red button reset worked . Another question I have 2 dvr's and 1 hd receiver. Can I still just watch 2 recorded shows at once even with 2 dvrs ?

You could be watching three recorded shows, one on each receiver, and be recording four channels, all at the same time.

Each DVR will can show one recorded program locally and send another program (or the same) to a remote receiver/DVR.

You could be watching three recorded shows, one on each receiver, and be recording four channels, all at the same time.

Each DVR will can show one recorded program locally and send another program (or the same) to a remote receiver/DVR.
Something must be wrong with mine then , I stared a recorded show on the dvr in the living rm and then started one on the regular hd receiver and then went to the dvr in my bedroom and a message came up saying something about too many recorded shows being watched or something like that .

Something must be wrong with mine then , I stared a recorded show on the dvr in the living rm and then started one on the regular hd receiver and then went to the dvr in my bedroom and a message came up saying something about too many recorded shows being watched or something like that .

Each DVR can only stream one recorded program at a time. So if you went to the bedroom DVR and tried to watch a recording on the DVR already streaming to your HD receiver, it wouldn't work. You can watch one recorded locally on that same DVR. You need to look at the recording info and see where the program you are trying to watch is stored. Does that make sense? It is a little confusing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)