MSNBC and Cooking in Dish America Gold?

Well, what a surprise! Despite what the web site states, Cooking is not in any DA package. I just checked and MSNBC HD is not available on channel 209.

This is turning out to be a joke. Neither one of these channels is available in DA. Can't wait for the next post by a Dish Network support person telling us that MSNBC is also not available in DA.

Like I said in my previous post, Cooking and MSMBC have never been available in DA and I can't wait to see how the Dish Network support group explains this. Yeh, they're working hard - to give us some plausibe explanation of why these two channels are not part of DA

Well, what a surprise! Despite what the web site states, Cooking is not in any DA package. I just checked and MSNBC HD is not available on channel 209.

This is turning out to be a joke. Neither one of these channels is available in DA. Can't wait for the next post by a Dish Network support person telling us that MSNBC is also not available in DA.

Like I said in my previous post, Cooking and MSMBC have never been available in DA and I can't wait to see how the Dish Network support group explains this. Yeh, they're working hard - to give us some plausibe explanation of why these two channels are not part of DA

Same here. No 113 or 209 on my t.v. I have D.A. Gold. I have to agree with the above quoite. I think we're getting screwed.

Agreed. I'm not sure what the hold up is, if they're simply going to remove any proof of those channels. I contacted Dish IRT more than a month ago about this have been waiting since then for this to be resolved, and THAT'S the resolution?

At this point, let's call it what it is. I'm more than willing to give Dish leeway to remove a mistake on their webiste after a day (or even a few). However, inclusion of Cooking Channel HD has been noted on their website, in more than one place, for months now.

This is not a mistake. It's false advertising.

Last edited:
Why it is taking so long to get things corrected is the mystery. MSNBC was not made available to DA packages when it started up. I will be among those surprised if it actually turns out it was supposed to be available all along. E* has always had problems with its web pages having correct info. We went through this with Fox News and FX when they went HD and were listed in the DA packages on the web but no DA subs could receive them. This should be a simple matter of determining from the contract whether a channel belongs in the package and then properly coding and authorizing if it is. This is why some of us get so frustrated with E*. They really do go out of their way to piss subs off. We wonder what goes on there in the Executive Offices when something as simple as this cannot be rectified in a reasonable time frame. It just makes Dish look really incompetent to some of us that know about the issue, in my opinion. If the IRT cannot get the Exec Office in gear, we subs stand no chance on our own.

I have been with Dish for a little over 3 years. First I had the Turbo HD package, and then Absolute HD. Then they came up with the Dish America metal packages and America's Top packages. So when I was finally forced out of the Absolute package, I choose Dish America Silver. I based my decision on the channel listings on Dish's website. It never crossed my mind that the lists they provided would be wrong. I knew I was loosing some good channels but at least I was gaining MSNBC, so I thought, and my local regional sports network.

Well... "Sorry, MSNBC is not included in that package. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

PS- In 3 months, not an single HD broadcast on the regional sports network yet, another surprise. Venting done.

This thread is NOT a very good testament to the effectiveness if the Dish IRT. The thread was started on February 6th. It is now March 17, more than 5 weeks later, and STILL no resolution for this issue.

Could anyone post on here if they have access to 209 and are subscribed to a DA package??

In case anyone missed my last post, I was expecting the issue fixed when I posted it. Apparently, and with confirmation today, it did not go as expected. No real word on what happened, or didn't happen as the case suggests, but I am doing what I can to keep you all posted with the most current information.

Appreciated, Tony. Looking forward to more information. And, dare I say, a resolution.

In case anyone missed my last post, I was expecting the issue fixed when I posted it. Apparently, and with confirmation today, it did not go as expected. No real word on what happened, or didn't happen as the case suggests, but I am doing what I can to keep you all posted with the most current information.

Okay…I’m going to rant! This thing with MSNBC HD and Cooking Channel HD is absolutely ridiculous! Dish needs to live up to their word of what is on their website about their packages. MSNBC HD & Cooking Channel HD need to be turned on and made available to the Dish America customers. This has gone on long enough!!!
I’m starting to get real tired of Dish’s way of handling things such as this. You call the regular 800 number and get someone who is tied to a “script” of what to say when you say something. They can’t answer questions of why these channels are not on. So you have to spend 30 minutes or more just to get to someone who know about the problem.
Then you get one person who tells you that the channels are part of the package and then you get another one who says they are not…ludicrous!
Over the years in dealing with Dish I’ve seen them say certain things of programming that would be coming up (I guess you could call them “promises”) and it doesn’t work out. The Turbo HD packages were a classic example of it.
I’ve heard others complain about Dish lying to them and all sorts of things. I've even heard one person say that Mr. Ergen ought to be in jail...I won't go that far, but I'm beginning to go a bit farther in that direction.
As far as this fiasco is concerned, I think most of us know what the outcome will be. MSNBC HD & Cooking Channel HD will NOT be in any of the Dish America packages, even though they have been on Dish’s website for MONTHS as being part of the Dish America packages. Dish will call all of us (as I’ve heard they’ve been doing) and tell us what a bargain (“For $10 more, you can get MSNBC & Cooking Channel with the Top 250 package”) it is for us to upgrade. I’m not! Forget it!
If I lived in the NYC area I would have left Dish months ago because of the MSG fiasco, not including the Yes Network not being available. What if I lived in Portland, OR and can’t get Comcast Northwest. I would have left, too.
The only reason I am still with Dish is because of their outstanding receivers and DVRs as well as their pricing. I’ve looked into cable and Fios and found that after the discount pricing is over, you pay thru the roof for their stuff. They use the “bait and switch” tactics, just like everyone else (including Dish).
However, if Verizon Fios we’re in my area, I think I would possibly drop Dish and switch. I’m getting really tired of Dish’s nonsense regarding this Dish America / MSNBC HD / Cooking Channel HD thing. It’s getting old!

If you're not going to give us those channels in the Dish America packages (like we all pretty much know you're not), then how LONG does it take...rather, how many MONTHS does it take for you to remove them from your website??? Quit deceiving People!
Or...Get these channels on for us that just had a price increase and quit playing games with us!!!
I AM NOT UPGRADING TO AMERICA’S TOP 250!!! SO DON’T BOTHER CALL ING ME TRYING TO GET ME TO SWITCH!!! :rant:

My Executive Office contact says the target date to have MSNBC on Silver & Gold is 3/23/11. I didn't ask about cooking.

The sad/bad thing is is that MSNBC probably has never been 'live' on Silver & Gold, and only us Absolute Refugees noticed.

Six weeks ago in this forum, I asked what I thought was a fairly simple question concerning the Cooking channel and MSNBC showing up in DA Gold on the Dish website as part of the package, and which I have never received either channel. I wanted to get clarification on this, if they were or were not part of the DA package, and we're not any closer to a resolution than before.
And I had also previously contacted e-care and dish technical support before I asked the question here,
Give an answer already, one way or the other. What takes so long to say yes or no and fix it?
I'm NOT expecting either channel to be part of the DA packages as we DA subs DO NOT receive any new HD channels when they come out, at least I have not. These two channels are not new as they've shown on the Dish site for a while as part of the DA Gold package.
IRT team members, if you read this, tell your higher ups to hire someone and get all of the package line-ups looked at on the Dish website and get them corrected, as I'm sure many people look at the line-ups and see channels they want and then after ordering find one or two are NOT in that particular package, whatever one it may be.

Thank You!

Duane

I am hoping that I have new information tomorrow. I reached out through other avenues and am hoping for a quick response. I will post anything I get tomorrow when I get it. First thing on my "to do" list, actually

This issue doesn't affect me directly,(Other than wanting Dish to provide what it advertises) but it is very much like a daily soap opera.... :D

**hiding** Just kidding. We do not regret getting involved in any concerns you guys have. We enjoy the forum AND doing anything we can to get things resolved.

New contact was sent an email on Thursday, and apparently responded Friday (Hooray!). It was not from my email so I did not get word until today (long story). Looks like this IS the person we needed to get this resolved, and he has assured us his involvement will handle the concerns.

Well, I had hoped that the cooking channel was going to be added, but apparently not going to happen. MSNBC, I guess is important to some, but not so much for me, cause I'm always right. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)