MSNBC and Cooking in Dish America Gold?

I was not the one who suggested I ever get another receiver, the techs did and my problem was in trusting them!

Lastly, no one offered any help or tried to work with me.

Dish IRT posted here that it (the two channels this thread is about) was not an equipment issue. That was after your first receiver replacement. You continued to work with the phone/chat CSRs even though they had no way to know it was not an equipment issue...until Dish IRT sent out a memo noting it was a system issue.

As for your claims of not being offered help (with your other missing channels) - posted 10 days ago:

Also, anyone with these DA packages missing some PI channels like Pentagon, etc., please PM me a phone number and I should be able to fix that problem very quickly for you.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I was directed by DN to get both receivers - never by my request, and this was before I ever contacted anyone at DN through this forum.

I actually was directed to this forum by a technician because we were having so many problems over the phone. it sounds like your defending the culprits not the customer - especially since they have had ample time and resources to correct the problem.

It's not my bitchin' that's the problem here, although some would like to make it the problem, It's DishNetwork that is the problem! As a corporation, a service provider and as a good neighbor, DN should be able to fix this issue in less than a month.

My biggest surprise has been reading the threads in this forum, the technicians seem as surprised as the customers when something gets fixed.

I posted the channels so Tony could see my problem, here is the post (below)! When my wife calls me at work and says she can't get DN to work as ordered, she expects me to fix the problem. So I'm running a meeting and am using my iPhone to access this forum, I state my problem and give DN, and this forum, all the stations that we are missing, while I'm running a meeting. Mind you, this goes on for days, and I finally just went on-line and updated to the top package. No problem, I throw money at the wife for other things, why not more channels.

But my gripe with this problem is the way it's been handled, or not handled. The appearance of mismanagement, good communication, confusion and lack of knowledge made the whole experience of calling SUPPORT humorous at least and sad at best . It's not the people I have a problem with, most people want to do a good job and make the customers happy, all who served me did. But it stopped there, every time they tried to find a solution, they were stonewalled. Nada! Stuck. We'll get back to you! My computer is slow . . . My boss is having a beer and can't come to the phone - okay maybe not that bad, but you did see the guys at GM having a beer or two at lunch, so maybe . . .
So it's the system that is broken, and the way things are managed at DN, and this is why companies loose money and customers ar unhappy.

The FIX
I also do not get MSNBS with the American Gold HD package, so I called DN and they said I have a defective box, which is where they think the problem is located. They tried to send a new signal, but that did not work. The new receiver is due on Monday, I will let you know how it works.

If it says on their website I should receive these, then I should receive them or I may rethink DN service and join the tens of thousand who have jumped ship in the last quarter. Let's hope the new receiver helps.

I see that I should receive the following station, but I don't, for a total of 11 stations:

renofrank, in reply to your post(s) on here as to the channels you say you don't receive that you should, here is I hope a little info and a question.
you stated--I see that I should receive the following station, but I don't, for a total of 11 stations: Note the following:

209--satellite 129--this is MSNBC---also on 9511--on satellite 129
113--Cooking Channel--still in question if we receive it or not
9710--on satellite 118.7
9402--on 61.5--AT120
439--Big 10 network--need to be in a state where Big 10 schools are, unless you receive Sports Pack I believe.
9413--satellite 129
843--??not in my list
9406--satellite 129
704--satellite 118.7
9405--satellite 129
9418--satellite 129
As you can see five channels are on satellite 129. They may be on other satellite but I receive them from 129. What satellites are you receiving? I receive 110, 119, and 129. Could this be part of the problem? Just wondering.
Hope this helps! Did you PM TonyT@Dishnetwork and see if he could help you? Also, go to menu-press 6--then 1--then 3 to get your system info to show what satellites you receive.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not defending Dish (the company) here, look over my posts. That said, Dish IRT (not the same as whoever you talked to on the phone) offered you help - just PM them your phone #.

You posted here prior to one of your appointments - and were told then that it would not help, at least in the case of the two channels here...as has now been stated far too many times.

The rest of the channels you're complaining about are an issue you need to work with Dish IRT to get resolved - they are not part of this issue. I already posted a channel by channel response earlier (somewhat echoed in the last few posts by others), and you also ignored that. So, whatever. Good grief!

Last edited:
This isn't encouraging, for Cooking HD. Dish is now redirecting their DAG page to the Top 200 channel list. Looks to me like they're replacing the DAG page, and I'm sure Cooking HD will have disappared once the listing returns.

Dish owes their DAG subs an explanation, and an apology, if this plays out like it appears to be.

Good grief is right "Charlie" Brown! You see, it was their plan all along, if you want those stations, you are gonna pay more! I was just the first one to realize that, I made the change and enjoyed the screwing. This is why unions, civil liberty agencies and consumer protection laws are created.

Can anyone spell, "class action suit?" How many people in the DN universe thought they were getting something that they were not getting. bait and switch, . . . I'm not a lawyer, can someone fill me in. I know there is class action suit pending against DN. Help me out.

I agree with you that the ONE missing channel is still a problem. The rest of the channels you listed though - are FREE to anyone subscribing to Dish, regardless of level. They're public interest channels. If you want them fixed, send a private message via the forum here to TonyT or MattG - something you have not made mention of doing. Phone reps are not the same as those two. If you want to pay more for them, I won't stop you.

You see, it was their plan all along, if you want those stations, you are gonna pay more!

This isn't encouraging, for Cooking HD. Dish is now redirecting their DAG page to the Top 200 channel list. Looks to me like they're replacing the DAG page, and I'm sure Cooking HD will have disappared once the listing returns.

Dish owes their DAG subs an explanation, and an apology, if this plays out like it appears to be.

That's not what's happening when I bring up the channels available in D.A. Gold. It has the same old page as before with Cooking Channel listed.

You sure?

DISH America Gold From DISH Network appears to be a new page, but the channel list is empty, currently.

America's Top 200 Package - Over 200 Channels From DISH Network was the link that I believe used to be used for DAG, and redirects to AT200.

EDIT: Interesting - my links are getting auto-updated with text by the forum software. The links work, though.
That's not what's happening when I bring up the channels available in D.A. Gold. It has the same old page as before with Cooking Channel listed.

Last edited:
When I did the link you provided it took me to Top 200. Then I hit the link for Dish America Gold and it still shows Cooking Channel HD in the D.A. Gold package.

Not sure why my first link shows an empty list - maybe mine isn't loading (all other pages work fine though - or maybe yours is cached).

Either way, it appears the website is being updated.
When I did the link you provided it took me to Top 200. Then I hit the link for Dish America Gold and it still shows Cooking Channel HD in the D.A. Gold package.

FYI; For anyone that cares about this.
I checked the Dish website a few minutes ago and all 3 Dish Americas channel listings are empty, but the Americas Top and Everything have their channels showing.This is when I click on English Packages and go back and press English package each time and then click on the individual package. But I noticed that after clicking, say Dish America, and then staying on that screen and picking another DA package from the list in the upper left hand side the Americas Top 200 listing shows. The Americas Top packages seem to be correct.
I see we do not have the Cooking Channel, and I have a feeling we may not get it, but I hope we do.

I checked the Dish website a few minutes ago and all 3 Dish Americas channel listings are empty
Same here. I get this page error as well, whatever that means, if anything:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 17:56:44 UTC

Line: 258
Char: 54
Code: 0
URI: DISH America From DISH Network

FYI; For anyone that cares about this.
I checked the Dish website a few minutes ago and all 3 Dish Americas channel listings are empty, but the Americas Top and Everything have their channels showing.This is when I click on English Packages and go back and press English package each time and then click on the individual package. But I noticed that after clicking, say Dish America, and then staying on that screen and picking another DA package from the list in the upper left hand side the Americas Top 200 listing shows. The Americas Top packages seem to be correct.
I see we do not have the Cooking Channel, and I have a feeling we may not get it, but I hope we do.

Here is an update, DA packages still are empty on the Dish site as of NOON cst on 3/27/2011.
Also, I did a search online for the DA packages and looked at about 20 different reseller sites and most list Cooking Channel and MSNBC as part of the package of DA Gold.

Last edited:
I do believe there is an update happening, although after being off on Friday I was unable to find official word on Cooking HD. I will be able to start the chase for information again tomorrow. The last post I made was not very promising at all for that channel, and I have not had any updates or changes since then. Sometimes Sundays are a terribly day to start the week, especially when its an issue like this. No one that can help works on Sundays. :(

We saw the blank at first, and now apparently everything is redirecting to AT200. CRAZY! It was not doing that at first. Must mean SOMEONE works on Sundays. LOL. Unfortunately, it is obviously not a contact I have as no one I have dealt with appears to be online. With regard to retailers and partners, we do not manage their sites or channel lists. I would assume it would need to be reported to whoever manages their page, much like ours needed to be in order to get corrected.

Last edited:
I would assume it would need to be reported to whoever manages their page, much like ours needed to be in order to get corrected.

Agreed - Dish does not determine what they display on their sites. However, they do get their channel lists from Dish. That should be an indication of how long Dish has advertised Cooking HD as an included channel for so many resellers to also have that information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts