Msnbc Hd?

I'm surprised MSNBC hasn't gone HD yet, with both the Olympics and elections coming up this year. Have there been any official announcements yet?

You thought wrong
FiOS made an announcement in the past week where they say they are adding msnbc HD in June (Indiana I believe), and July (Oregon, I believe, but I could have those backwards). However, I read a recent article where msnbc said they plan to launch in 4Q (and they said 'hopefully early 4Q' for the election). If I can find the articles, I'll update the thread.

FiOS made an announcement in the past week where they say they are adding msnbc HD in June (Indiana I believe), and July (Oregon, I believe, but I could have those backwards). However, I read a recent article where msnbc said they plan to launch in 4Q (and they said 'hopefully early 4Q' for the election). If I can find the articles, I'll update the thread.

I hope you are right, MSNBC is my preferred cable news channel. But I'm not losing any sleep over it not being in HD. When it comes to news I'll take content over looks any day.

But Morning Joe, Hardball, Keith Olbermann and the rest of the gang in HD would be nice :)

Why is it listed on the new FiOS channel lineups?

There might not be a press release or official launch date, but it's well known it's in the works.
If you go back and look, you quoted my post from January 7. There was no announcement at that time.

If you go back and look, you quoted my post from January 7. There was no announcement at that time.

Oops.

You were still right anyway, there HASN'T been an announcement that I've seen. We just kind of know it's on the way

Anyone else notice the MSNBC logo on tonight's Charlie Chat among the HD channels? It was in the beginning on a slate that quickly flashed before they went to a screen of all the HD channel logos. I even paused it to make sure I was seeing it correctly.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice on tonight's Charlie Chat the MSNBC logo among the HD channels? It was in the beginning on a slate that quickly flashed before they went to a screen of all the HD channel logos. I even paused it to make sure I was seeing it correctly.

Thank you for noticing that logo as well! I do not recall seeing the letters HD by MSNBC that I know I saw with CNBC. Thanks for affirming my vision.:D