MSNBCHD ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm beginning to lose my patience with D*

So DirecTV is supposed to accommodate the ever-changing schedule of every low-rated channel that puts up some token HD effort? The ratings for this channel are horrible, regardless of any possible political commentary.

I can't think of a single top-tier channel I want that isn't available in HD. Sure, they haven't gotten around to HBO8 (the ocho), but it isn't like many people (according to ratings) would care. If they carry a popular channel in HD within three months of its launch, I consider it a success.

Find another provider that can produce it to a national audience in a shorter timeframe without ridiculous compression and I will be surprised.

So DirecTV is supposed to accommodate the ever-changing schedule of every low-rated channel that puts up some token HD effort? The ratings for this channel are horrible, regardless of any possible political commentary.

I don't care who watches it or doesn't. I watch it and I pay my bill. It's a channel I watch-a lot. Are the ratings for Crime & Investigation huge? If I chose to changes services, what does it matter to you? Are you a D* fanboy or a MSNBC hater? Regardless, what I want to watch AND am willing to pay for, is not subject to ratings outside of my own pretty green eyes.

Nor did I ask anyone to join me. I simply said I was losing patience with D*. There are several HD channels I want that I'm not getting. Yes, MSNBC is among them. Would you like me to list the rest of them? If I had FIOS available, I would go there.

Don't fly off the handle because someone is wanting another service that provides something they want.

When D12 launches in the fall & has most of its HD channels active by june 30, 2010 i would think most HD channels that directv does not have now (like msnbc) will then be in HD on directv.

So bottom line is if u can hold out until then....stay.

If not....

I don't care who watches it or doesn't. I watch it and I pay my bill. It's a channel I watch-a lot. Are the ratings for Crime & Investigation huge? If I chose to changes services, what does it matter to you? Are you a D* fanboy or a MSNBC hater? Regardless, what I want to watch AND am willing to pay for, is not subject to ratings outside of my own pretty green eyes.

Nor did I ask anyone to join me. I simply said I was losing patience with D*. There are several HD channels I want that I'm not getting. Yes, MSNBC is among them. Would you like me to list the rest of them? If I had FIOS available, I would go there.

Don't fly off the handle because someone is wanting another service that provides something they want.

I am just pointing out that expecting DirecTV to have every channel on the first day of its availability is setting yourself up for disappointment. Do you go to the car lot the first day a new car is announced and yell at them for not having one on the lot?

Expressing a desire to see the channel carried is good and productive. Expressing shock that it isn't available on day one is overboard.

EDIT:
Here's a good rule of thumb: Always decide on whether to keep a service based on what they deliver today, not what they might deliver tomorrow. People waste tons of money each year buying something and expecting it to get better. I'm happy with the channels I have now and think they represent a good value for the money I pay for them. If I felt they didn't, I would cancel. If I got more channels, it would represent an even better value perhaps. But I still make that decision based on the here and now.

Here's a good rule of thumb: Always decide on whether to keep a service based on what they deliver today, not what they might deliver tomorrow.

great advice. Unfortunately forcing subscribers into 2 year contracts kind of invalidates the logic of it since you are basically betting on what the provider will be carrying over the next two years.

great advice. Unfortunately forcing subscribers into 2 year contracts kind of invalidates the logic of it since you are basically betting on what the provider will be carrying over the next two years.

DirecTV didn't force you into a 2 year contract. You chose to enter into one with them. When you did, you accepted them as a good value for 2 years. Sure, you can complain, but you vote with your wallet each month you pay them.

MSNBC is about the only news channel that I watch. My contract expires this coming Sept and I am not so sure if I'll renew. But then again is the other sat company any better?

MSNBC is about the only news channel that I watch. My contract expires this coming Sept and I am not so sure if I'll renew. But then again is the other sat company any better?
only if you worry about losing some of your locals over a dispute or one of your favorites (MonstersHD) :)

OOOPS!

Sorry, you already know that :)

DISH at the moment seems to be stealing Directv's thunder. DISH is suppose to be adding 3 new channels today. Rumor mill is betting on BBCA being one of them. But rumors are what they are....

Sorry, you already know that :)

DISH at the moment seems to be stealing Directv's thunder. DISH is suppose to be adding 3 new channels today. Rumor mill is betting on BBCA being one of them. But rumors are what they are....

Know what? That MSNBC is still sd? Yes I do. :(

Not to crap this thread, but can somebody give me one or two good reasons why I should stay with D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)