MT. VERNON, TEXAS. WHOREHOUSE SUES LOCAL CHURCH OVER LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Diamond D's brothel began construction on an expansion of their building to increase their ever-growing business. In response. the local Baptist Church across the street started a campaign to block the business from expanding with morning, afternoon, and evening prayer sessions at their church.
Work on Diamond D's progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the whorehouse and burned it to the ground!

After the cat-house was burned to the ground by the lightning strike, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of
prayer."

But late last week Jill Diamond , the owner/madam, sued the church, the
preacher and the entire congregation on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of her building and her business either through direct or indirect divine actions or means."

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently and voraciously denied any and all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

The crusty old judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply, and at the opening hearing he commented "I don't know how
the hell I'm going to decide this case. It appears from the paperwork that we now have a whorehouse owner who staunchly believes in the power of prayer and an entire church congregation that thinks it's all Bullsh!t!" :D

Look at the entry for this for Snopes. It's been going around the web for years.

I don't live far from Mt. Vernon and I know people who live there. No one knows what the heck this story is talking about.

It is just a joke and someone chose that town, probably because of the Best lil whore house movie.

It is just a joke and someone chose that town, probably because of the Best lil whore house movie.

Which if they really wanted to do this reference right they would have picked a town closer to the city that La Grange talks about. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)