MTV HD video problems

Talim

Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
Has anyone else noticed there is constant video glitching on MTV HD? I see it all the time watching shows or music videos. I have great signal strength and I'm getting it anyway. I called Dish and they didn't have any useful answers for me. Maybe there's something that can be done about it?

I noticed it and it seems to have gotten worse. I also noticed all the chanels that have been pixilating lately have all been on 61.5. Wonder if it has anything to do with the change over form 61.5 to 72.

yes makes any show on mtv almost unwatchable, i get problems with that channel only on 61.5 or 129

glad im not the only one

video problems with mtvhd have been going on here for a little over a month

I've noticed this a lot as well. I really just though it was because my signal strength on 129 was around 50, but apparently others have the same issues. It is something that is in every one of my recordings from MTV. If only MTV had more than 2 shows in HD anyway.

Just got this from the dishquality people after emailing yesterday.

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

Thank you for your email. I did check this service and found the issue to be present. We have opened a Discrepancy Ticket and this issue was escalated to our Baseband Engineers. Our engineers are looking into the problem. The Discrepancy Ticket will remain open until this issue is resolved.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

Just got this from the dishquality people after emailing yesterday.

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

Thank you for your email. I did check this service and found the issue to be present. We have opened a Discrepancy Ticket and this issue was escalated to our Baseband Engineers. Our engineers are looking into the problem. The Discrepancy Ticket will remain open until this issue is resolved.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

Dish and their canned responses. I notice what you are talking about on a number of channels at different time. Maybe they are tweaking the MPEG4 encoders.

Yeah I got the same exact response. I notice a glitch or two on other channels but not quite like the ones on MTV, with those blue colored blocks and such, they're always there too. On other channels you just get a hiccup or two once in awhile.

Vizio ww26L Dish Remote

TV Remote Code for Vizio SV370XVT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts