MTV & VH-1 east analog feeds going bye-bye

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am glad Viacom is stick with Motorola and not going SciAtlantic like everyone else. Its still good to keep competition alive.

Too bad there is no combo mode receiver though

FROM VIACOM:
The service interuption date is scheduled for May 2. This is a friendly reminder that we are currently conducting the MTV East and VH1 East IRD rollout. The current east coast feeds of MTV and VH1 will be dual illuminated in analog on AMC 10, transponder 17 and transponder 23 and in digital on AMC 10, transponder 11 starting February 1, 2005. Starting May 2, 2005, MTV Networks will begin service interruptions on the analog feed of MTV and VH1 on transponders 17 and 23. This will be in the form of a banner scrolling across the screen and loss of video. These service interruptions will continue and increase in frequency until the analog service has been discontinued.

It is much more likely that these channels will be added to the current MTV mux that is available from NPS as part of the Absolute Digital Package which can be received by the 4DTV.

These channels will not be going away. I do belive the quality of the signal will go down though. Nothing beats a 27 or 34Mhz Analog Master br*adcast (br*adcast misspeeled so I won't be helping DTV advertise) signal, except maybe an HD feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts