MTVHD is showing HD Prgramming!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WOW! Your right. You have got to be kidding me. I forgot this was even on tonight with all the football today. I am very surprised. Mark this day down in history! Maybe this is the start of something good for MTV?

I think most of the chnls that have "HD placeholders" said quite a while ago that fall 08 and early 09 were their target dates for HD productions (many still have facilities to build or ramp up). I am not really surprised at this timing seeing the new fall 08 sched is upon us and this is one of MTV's marquee events and these were the target time frames. I sure did not expect anything before now for these placeholders.

I know comedy centeral HD has been testing and showing real hd on Cband. Now if we can get D* to pick it up and if viacom can start showing HD we would be all good and people would feel better. Its almost like getting a new HD channel.. oh wait we did :D

Is it just me or is the pre-vma show in HD!?!

Funny... my wife and I were just talking about the VMA when my son came home early from his weekend visitation with the mother and said she was racing home to watch the VMA. I asked my wife when the last time she watched the VMA and we both agreed that it was high school crap and we haven't watched the VMAs since high school. What crap.

But I am VERY glad to see the MTV networks are actually showing HD on their HD channels. I guess I am old (33), since I watch VH1 and very little MTV, but it is nice to see these channels stepping up with some real HD. Maybe I'll tune in for a few minutes, just like high school, and see the VMAs.... this time in HD! My pre-teen son is watching the filthy show in his room in SD. "Come on out here and watch it."

Yes, it is in HD.... wow!

I know comedy centeral HD has been testing and showing real hd on Cband. Now if we can get D* to pick it up and if viacom can start showing HD we would be all good and people would feel better. Its almost like getting a new HD channel.. oh wait we did :D

We were discussing this in another thread. I know DirecTV doesn't carry it, but does Comedy Central HD actually exist yet? I think you have already answered my question. When is DirecTV adding it?

MTV is now re-airing the VMA's, but its not in HD. Why is this? You think since they aired it first in HD that the re-run would be in HD. Don't tell me this is the last of HD we see on MTV for a very long time.

Even though the show was in HD, it wasn't worth watching. It was garbage that is skewed to a younger audience. I thought it was inappropriate for Brand to go on and on about politics. His British babbling didn't seem to work well with a lot of people in the audience. I hope that, the little I watched of this program, isn't the future of this country because, if it is, we will be in worse trouble than we are in today.

Even though the show was in HD, it wasn't worth watching. It was garbage that is skewed to a younger audience. I thought it was inappropriate for Brand to go on and on about politics. His British babbling didn't seem to work well with a lot of people in the audience. I hope that, the little I watched of this program, isn't the future of this country because, if it is, we will be in worse trouble than we are in today.
You know what, I have to agree with 100% of what you said. I used to watch the VMA's when I was younger, but I tend not to now. The only reason I watched part of it tonight was the fact that it was in HD. Its not even about music anymore. What it is about is fashion (not to mention that most of the music was complete garbage anyway). The show was ridiculous and the host of the show was even more ridiculous ranting on about politics. Its funny you bring up the "future of our country" thing too because my mom said to me "geeze... if this is what America is looking ahead to then we are all screwed and the next generation is screwed." I will have to agree with her. Kids are going to see this and do the same exact thing that these musicians are doing and its going to be bad. Better examples need to be set. It sickens me that people like Britney Spears are still getting awards. People should have left her alone and let her keep digging herself a deep hole. Ah, enough of my rant. This isn't the forum to do this really. lol!

HD or not
but that one dude needs to pull his pants up.. we didnt need to see his underwear
Lil' Wayne was it? Yeah, that was sort of bad. I hate how these musicians try to make a fashion statement. There was some terrible clothes being worn tonight.

MTV is now re-airing the VMA's, but its not in HD. Why is this? You think since they aired it first in HD that the re-run would be in HD. Don't tell me this is the last of HD we see on MTV for a very long time.

I suspect that they only have the ability to show HD that is live and can't show HD that is recorded. When TBS HD first came on the air, they were the same way. The live baseball playoff games and some live comedy specials were in HD, but everything that was previously recorded was stretch-o-vision. Even the previously shown in HD comedy specials were SD.

I caught it yesterday morning, in a sunday Direct TV advertisment for there service, in the ad it said the only place to see the VMA's in HD

I suspect that they only have the ability to show HD that is live and can't show HD that is recorded. When TBS HD first came on the air, they were the same way. The live baseball playoff games and some live comedy specials were in HD, but everything that was previously recorded was stretch-o-vision. Even the previously shown in HD comedy specials were SD.
Thats a bummer then. So the next time we see HD content on MTV may have to wait until there is a live event. MTV really needs to start coming out with HD.

I just saw a little bit of the show, the pq looked good even though the set was all dark so I could not tell how the colors looked. Even though this has been the only HD programming so far I still like the fact that the SD programming looks clear on this channel, if all the HD channels (CBS College Sports) looked this good when showing non HD programming/

I just saw a little bit of the show, the pq looked good even though the set was all dark so I could not tell how the colors looked. Even though this has been the only HD programming so far I still like the fact that the SD programming looks clear on this channel, if all the HD channels (CBS College Sports) looked this good when showing non HD programming/
CBS College Sports HD looks like the picture is distorted. I am not sure what they do, but WOW is it bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)