Multi dish switch error....

SlickTrick

Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
New guy looking for some help. I'm getting this error on 3 of my 4 boxes. What is it and what do I need to do? Also in one room I can turn the TV off with Sat. still on for about 5 seconds and then turn it back on and the error is gone and picture is showing.

I have a dish network system. I could not tell you about the switches/lnbs. Was not here when they installed it to ask those questions. I can tell ya that I have no visble switches. I followed the cables from all 4 of the boxes to the dish to make sure that all cables and connectors were good. How do you tell which one I have? Most say it's going to be a 500 or 1000,what ever that means. I have 3 plain and 1 DVR. The plain ones say model 311 the DVR say 510.

I hope this gives you enough info. If not I'm sorry. Thanks for your help.

input: 1
Satellite:110
Polarity: All
Device: feed

They are sending a tech out sunday.

i'm pretty sure you probably have a dp quad. chances are it's bad. another test you can run is menu, option 6, option 1, option 3(system info test). wait till the test is done and check "details" to see if your lnb has "drifted". either way it goes if 3 of your 4 boxes are going out it is your lnb. you might to call dish to setup a service call. depending on how long it's been since a tech went out to your house last, you might have to pay for the service call. one other thing you should look at is the color of the barrels on the wall plate and make sure that they are blue(good indicator that it is high frequency). good luck.

i'm pretty sure you probably have a dp quad. chances are it's bad. another test you can run is menu, option 6, option 1, option 3(system info test). wait till the test is done and check "details" to see if your lnb has "drifted". either way it goes if 3 of your 4 boxes are going out it is your lnb. you might to call dish to setup a service call. depending on how long it's been since a tech went out to your house last, you might have to pay for the service call. one other thing you should look at is the color of the barrels on the wall plate and make sure that they are blue(good indicator that it is high frequency). good luck.

yeah buddy!

its ALWAYS best to run Menu 6-1-3 before doing anything else. It really tells the story.

D* software don't make a big deal of it by putting it where users can find it, every LNB will drift.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)