multi receiver set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
I have a dish pro quad at 119 and 110. I have a 921, 508 and I just got a 522. What can I do to hook up all the receivers. Is there any way I can use just one input to the 921 and 522 and be able to use both tuners?

welcome to satelliteguys!

I cannot answer you first question but I can answer your second. You cannot use both tuners with one Sat input.

sorry

You need a DP34 multi switch. Take two lines from the quad into the DP34 this will give you six total sat lines. You can get DP34's on Ebay all the time, and at pretty good prices.

For the SHORT term, you can attach the one feed to input TWO of the 522, and use TV1 to watch it.

It won't be long before you're frustrated enough with the issues to finish the install with a DP34 or even a DPP44.

Duct tape and cable ties come to mind. :D

Actually, it depends on what you've already got in the way of mounts. It's probably best to consult with a local dealer.

just to confirm that I can run the dpp44 off a dish pro quad....Not a dish pro plus twin...And still be able to split to a 921/522

Yes you can run a DPP44 off 2 of the leads from a quad . You then run one line from the DPP44 to your multi-tuner receivers and before the receiver use a Dish Pro Plus SEPERATOR not a splitter.

Even though. The Plus capabilities are part of the switch, not the LNB. In the case of the DPP Twin, the Plus switch and LNBs are built in to the same housing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)