Multi room viewing with Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rykr

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to check with folks that would know. If I get a standard 2 box/4 room setup can I do the following:

1. Watch the hd content on tv 1 (assuming hd receiver)
2. Watch sd content from both receivers on all tvs simply by tuning to the correct channel
3. Control the RF port on both receivers from a single remote? This assumes that a single remote can be switched from controlling tuner 1 to controlling tuner 2? This would allow me to access the recordings on both tuners by simply changing the channel on my tv to the proper one and then setting the proper frequency on my remote. Are there after market remotes that do this?

Also, anyone doing HDMI extensions to watch HD from one tuner on more than 1 TV?

Reggie

You can view HD on 2 TV's from on HD receiver--Same Channel/Same Time. All outputs are "hot" at the same time. I use component for the TV by the receiver and and HDMI to a 2nd HD TV in another room. Get your cables from monoprice.com . Great prices and fast shipping!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)