Multi-Sport Package Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spec1alk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
I just got E* last week, right after I got my new TV (Samsung 67" 1080p DLP).

I went with E* over D* because of price. I am on the TurboHD Silver plan.

I have a question about the multi-sport package offered through E*. I am primarily interested in NFL Footbal. From what I read in another thread on these forums it sounds like all NFL games that would be on the channels in this package are blacked out? Is this correct? If I purchase this package, what does it get me? I have seen that I have a Fox RM (Rocky Mountain?) RSN (regional sports network?), but the few times I have tried to display it I get a message that the programming is not available in my area (Bozeman, MT).

What programming is not blocked out by the multi-sport package? Is it just college football?

You won't get any NFL on the RSN channels. The multi-sport package will still black out any games for pro teams that don't claim your zipcode as their home territory. You will get programming from other regions, but not pro games.

The college football games (Big-12, PAC-10) are generally carried nationwide by FSN, so multi-sport doesn't really give you an advantage that way.

According to MLB.com, Bozeman, MT is Mariners' territory, so even the Multi-sport won't get you any Rockies games on FSN-RM. It might get you Mariners' games though on FSN-NW.

I have a question about the multi-sport package offered through E*. I am primarily interested in NFL Footbal. From what I read in another thread on these forums it sounds like all NFL games that would be on the channels in this package are blacked out? Is this correct? If I purchase this package, what does it get me? I have seen that I have a Fox RM (Rocky Mountain?) RSN (regional sports network?), but the few times I have tried to display it I get a message that the programming is not available in my area (Bozeman, MT).

What programming is not blocked out by the multi-sport package? Is it just college football?

I`m not real sure what your? is but if your looking for NFL games on the sport pack, you will not see much. Most if not all LIVE games are on FOX/CBS/ESPN/NBC/NFL Net. You might see some re=broadcasts on some of those channels, but mostly you will see college type sports very little pro sports will be seen unless you sub to one of the NBA/NHL packs. Hope that helps you a little.

Big 10 Football

I am not 100% sure about this, but I seem to remember that if you have the multi-sports package you get the Big 10 network even if you don't live in Big 10 territory. If you like Big 10 sports, especially football, this might be one reason to get the multi-sports package.

NFL Gamesa are tightly regulated by the NFL and sold to NBC for SNF , CBS for the AFC Pakcage, FOX carries the NFC package and ESPN brings MNF..RSN's do not carry NFL games.
All out of market pro sports are blacked out on RSN's....RSN's outsaide of pro sprts show college and other amateur sports programming specialized regional shows. Again, no out of market pro sports

I am not 100% sure about this, but I seem to remember that if you have the multi-sports package you get the Big 10 network even if you don't live in Big 10 territory. If you like Big 10 sports, especially football, this might be one reason to get the multi-sports package.

The Big 10 Network is the only reason I subscribed right before football season. I don't think it was mentioned, but you can also catch the end of a lot of baseball games. I don't think that's a reason to purchase, but a decent enough benefit. Most games go over their allotted guide time, so if you tune into the post game show, you will get to see the 9th inning and any extra innings. If I see a game going long on ESPN's ticker, I'll try to track it down in the RSN's to see the finish sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)