who has L612 update on their 722 and still no CH501?

DRM isn't the issue

Me, too. I'm thinkin maybe I will try to see if an HDMI connection to the TV will get the goods. The receivers might be programmed to ignore it if there's no DRM connection.

DRM is not your issue. My 721 with L612 gets CH 501 using component video to the TV.

My 722 died last night, but my 622 got L612 last night and has 12 VOD channels on 501 right away. The 622 is connected to a SD tube TV via S-Video inputs. The 722 was connected to Psyclone HDMI switch, and the Psyclone connected to my LT32-HVE via HDMI-DVI cable.

DRM is not your issue. My 721 with L612 gets CH 501 using component video to the TV.

I guess I thought the OP meant the 1080p channel. I have lots of channel 501 VOD's, but I Am Legend at 1080p for 2.99$ is not one of them. An HDMI connection might be needed before it even appears in guide.

That's what I meant.

Me, too. I'm thinkin maybe I will try to see if an HDMI connection to the TV will get the goods. The receivers might be programmed to ignore it if there's no DRM connection.

Same here plus i have it hooked up thru hdmi so that isnt it. The month is almost over. So much for "see i am legend the whole month of august"

I guess I thought the OP meant the 1080p channel. I have lots of channel 501 VOD's, but I Am Legend at 1080p for 2.99$ is not one of them. An HDMI connection might be needed before it even appears in guide.

That's what I meant.

Sorry I misunderstood. Good luck figuring it out.

Videos are downloaded before and are sitting on your disc waiting to play. You dont even know they are being downloaded until the download is completed.

For those of you with 501 but no I Am Legend in 1080p make sure your TV is hooked up via HDMI cable and that your television supports HDCP.

I should note: it was incorrect statement.

ANY combination of DVR and TV will allow to download the movie.

For those who didn't get it - check other conditions what we discuss in MANY threads last weeks.

For those who didn't get it - check other conditions what we discuss in MANY threads last weeks.

Yeah, nothing seems to have helped. Seems another black eye for the good people at Dish. I mean, here's the blurb on their website...

In celebration of our new Turbo-charged HD, DISH Network will be offering a 1080p HD movie at a reduced price during the month of August! Watch I Am Legend on DISH On Demand for only $2.99 August 1-30!

...no mention there about jumping through flaming hoops.

I'm on a 1 satellite setup (boat). The only satellite that showed 501 channels in my guide was 61.5. That's where I came up with that. Didn't mean to be spreading false info, just thought maybe that's why people weren't seeing the channels.

I *never* get 61.5, on a fluke this morning 129 was trying to lock and I saw 61.5 with 3 bars of signal, so I turned off the gyro and did a switch test. BAM, like 6 501s or something until I lost the lock.

Cycled through 110, no 501, 119, no 501, and back to 129, no 501.

So, I'm not sure why they showed up in the GUIDE on that satellite and not on any of the others, but that's what happened. And I have to run a check switch/download guide data on every lock to switch.

Got my "I am Legend" 1080P content on 501 today. So looks like I'm all set!

I won't be able to really test until this weekend, so I'll let you know the results of the show then.

I've been getting one piece at a time over the last two weeks:
- Turbo HD message
- Several 501 channels, no 1080p
- L612 software upgrade
Still no "IAL" 1080p or any other 1080p VOD for that matter.
Gear: 722 to a Sony KDS 60" A3000 via hdmi 1.3 and Sony STR-DG910.
What I'm really excited about is the possibility of more HD channels for us Hawaii folks, once E*11 gets set up. We currently get about 10 HD channels via spot 47 on E*8.

My "Circle A" replacement 722 is now running since Friday night, and still no VOD channels on it. My 622 in the other room has 12 VOD channels now but no "IAL". Strange...I really wanna know what this goes by. The 622 has no timers set at all. The 722 has six timers, but none of them are firing overnight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)