Multi-Sport Pak Blackouts

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
It seems that almost every NBA and NHL game on multi-sports pak is a blackout.

Any reasons? Games involve teams far away......it seems like almost a waste of the $5.99 with so many blackouts.....

Thanks,

Jeff

ride525 said:
It seems that almost every NBA and NHL game on multi-sports pak is a blackout.

Any reasons? Games involve teams far away......it seems like almost a waste of the $5.99 with so many blackouts.....

Thanks,

Jeff

the reasons involve league blackout rules. Dish can do nothing about it. They tell you right up front about the blackouts.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/packages/sports/multi_sport/index.asp?viewby=1&packid=10161&sortby=1

Bobby,

Thanks. $5.99 for a bunch of blackouts, and mostly the same shows that I already get on Fox Sports Bay Area, seems like too much. (One time of Best Damn Sports Show, Period is enough)

I'm still on the fence on getting Sat, so here is a basic question that I hope can be answered.

I just moved from Baltimore, MD to Pensacola, FL. I used to watch the Orioles on Comcast Sports Net. I notice that the sports package has Comcast Sports Net.

Will I be able to watch the Orioles games with this package? Thanks.

Bill

Seems like the blackout restrictions can be tricky, but their aren't any pro sports teams local.....tks

btalbott said:
I'm still on the fence on getting Sat, so here is a basic question that I hope can be answered.

I just moved from Baltimore, MD to Pensacola, FL. I used to watch the Orioles on Comcast Sports Net. I notice that the sports package has Comcast Sports Net.

Will I be able to watch the Orioles games with this package? Thanks.

Bill

No.....

btalbott said:

For the same reasons as stated above. The Orioles own the broadcast and refuse to allow it to be shown outside of there domain. Any of their games will be blacked out in areas not in the Baltimore area.

Do a search here or at DBSTALK.COM to find out about the sports pack. Most or all of your questions will be answered. There are some reasons to get it, but not if you want to see out of market games. If that were the case everyone would get it. That is why there is the MLB package at Direct, or the NBA and NHL packages at Dish.

The sports pak is a waste unless you want to get stuff that you can't get in your area like some college stuff. I use to get it to watch ECW wrestling and some auto racing and outdoor shows. Also, when E* first offered it they had so many bugs that there was a pro game in the clear every night whether it by MLB, NHL or NBA.

This package is still good if you live in an area where multiple pro teams claim you as theirs.
For example, Buffalo NY where multiple teams claim them and some areas of PA where Baltimore puts a claim in as well. This paclkage will give you access to every team that claims you assuming that they're on different RSN's so some people are lucky.

AppliedAggression said:
The sports pack is mostly aimed at customers who don't care about pro sports but like college sports. Only pro sports are blacked out.

I love high school football, yeah, college and pro too. The sports pack has some really good high school football games from Florida, Texas, New York and the like. I keep the pack for that kind of stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)