Multi Sports pack added to TurboHD Silver

madailey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
SC
Just a note to anyone who is holding on to a TurboHD Silver and is debating on adding the multi sports package.

You can add the multi sports package and you will receive NFL RedZone in HD but you will not recieve the ESPN classic channel that is listed as being a part of the package on the Dish website. The Dish rep. I spoke to via chat said you had to have at least the classic silver 200 package to get espn classic, even though that is not stated as being a requirement on the website on the muti sports package. The Dish rep said it was incorrectly stated on the website and it has still not been corrected. Image that Dish Network misrepresenting a package or something on their site.

you will not recieve the ESPN classic channel that is listed as being a part of the package on the Dish website. The Dish rep. I spoke to via chat said you had to have at least the classic silver 200 package to get espn classic, even though that is not stated as being a requirement on the website on the muti sports package. The Dish rep said it was incorrectly stated on the website and it has still not been corrected. Image that Dish Network misrepresenting a package or something on their site.

I had actually never noticed ESPN Classic being listed there before (for the Multi-Sport package). I know I'm in the Dish Network forum (and am a DISH subscriber) but didn't DirecTV just move ESPNU to a lower tier and place ESPN Classic in the sports package they have? I'm enjoying ESPNU but I sure wish that DISH WOULD MOVE ESPN Classic to the Multi-Sport package. It is the only reason I haven't dropped down to the AT200. I'd miss NFL Network but I DVR at least four games per Sunday (so that gives me plenty of NFL after Monday night).

Yeah, I'm sure the NFL Network listing is probably a mistake as well. One they are still yet to correct on the web site.

if espn classic is on the m-s pack that is great news. i can save a ton of money that way. i have always like the sportcentury show. if they would just add fuel to the m-s pack.:D

NFL Network and NBA Channel are both part of the Multi Sports package.

PS Please change the thread title to something like:

"Adding the Multi Sports package to TurboHD Silver"

because the current title implies that Dish is now including Multi Sports in TurboHD Silver. :eek:

So what exactly is included in the Multi-Sports Package, since you can't really trust what Dish has listed on their website all the time?

NBA TV (HD?)
NHL Network (HD?)
Big Ten Network (HD?)
NFL Redzone
RSN's

Anything else?

So what exactly is included in the Multi-Sports Package, since you can't really trust what Dish has listed on their website all the time?

NBA TV (HD?)
NHL Network (HD?)
Big Ten Network (HD?)
NFL Redzone
RSN's

Anything else?
i had turbo gold and sports pack and i remember it listed NHL HD but i didn't get it-when i called the rep said i had to have the Platinum pack to get it so i added it.
i did get the NBA HD and the Big ten HD without the platinum pack.

Last edited:
When I had Turbo HD Silver, I added the Multi-Sport and did not get NHL and NBA in HD, however we did get them is SD. Dumbest thing ever, but what do you expect? Why give someone the SD but not the HD version?

Just found out that for DishLatino subscribers, adding the Multi-Sports Package gets you...

NFL Network (HD)
Big Ten Network (HD)
NBA TV (HD)
NFL Red Zone (HD)
NHL Network (HD)
RSN's

Looks like a much better value for $5.99, especially since none of the channels are already in one of the DishLatino basic packages.

Just found out that for DishLatino subscribers, adding the Multi-Sports Package gets you...

NFL Network (HD)
Big Ten Network (HD)
NBA TV (HD)
NFL Red Zone (HD)
NHL Network (HD)
RSN's

Looks like a much better value for $5.99, especially since none of the channels are already in one of the DishLatino basic packages.

Weird! I thought you had to have at least AT200 to get NFL Network. Those five channels (without the other RSNs) seem like an excellent deal at $5.99. The other RSNs are icing on the cake because I can watch a ton of NHL replays free and clear (although already knowing the final score kind of kills the idea).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)