Multi Sports pack for Dish HD Absolute

atlind01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Atlanta
In the past as a Dish HD Absolute customer you will not be able to view or change your programming information online.

But today I noticed that I have access to this page. I see multi pack sports package is available as an option.

I am afraid to experiment with the option because of the risk of losing the Absolute status. Has anyone else tried this?

The last time I "experimented" with the package on the page, you could select the package, but ultimately would not let you add it. It's been a long time since I tried it though.

I added the Superstation pack and then a few months later (this Year) I removed it with no change to my Dish Absolute status.

I held my breathe and kicked myself for risking it but it worked out - this time.

"My Account" page has always had the option to add various packages, i.e. Superstation, Playboy, Showtime, adult channels, sports channels, and so on. These are add-ons, just like Cinemax, which many HD Absolute customers have added with no problems. You're not changing your "base" package by adding the multi-sports package.

That said, when I've tried to do almost anything online, it tells me it can't do it and to call customer service to make the change(s) I want. I think other HD Absolute customers have the same problem.

I am an Absolute customer,I noticed this too,and added local programing with no problems. Once you click on add,you get to review your purchase before you change anything. I would like to add sports package when College Basketball season starts,so let everyone know if this works for you.

Yep, I added the SuperStation package several months ago for some Mets/Yankees games and had no problem. I plan on removing it later this month! :)

I tried adding the Sport package without success however... it should not even be there taunting us poor Absolute subscribers! ;)

I tried adding the Sport package without success however... it should not even be there taunting us poor Absolute subscribers!
So call in and ask.... Repeat more than once that if adding it will drop you from HD Absolute, you don't want it. I think they can add the package and before it's "applied", their system will tell them it can't be added or it will automatically bump you to a "standard" package or whatever. Or, it may be nothing more than the phone rep telling you "the system won't let me add it and HD Absolute may be why".

Don't bother trying to add Multi-Sport to HD Absolute, the two are incompatible. And if you are talking/chatting with a CSR, make sure they don't add it and switch your base programming to make it work.

The checkbox is there, just like all the other add-ons online, but after selecting it the system tells you that it cannot be added. So you get no-where online. Don't be afraid of trying online by yourself - you just can't get it to work.

This was vaguely mentioned when the package came out, but highlighted much compared to all the other talk about the package.

Now, if only someone knew a way around this...like emailing ceo@ echostar or some helpful tech support guy that could make it work... I doubt it though.

Yea I noticed the option to modify or options about a month ago as well, but also too afraid to try it. But I eventually tried to add the Sports pack since CFB has started! It says NOPE you must have : blah blah packages (Turbo HD's as well).
I chatted with a CSR a few weeks ago and after basivly begging I was told I would need XXX packages to do it, which at the time I think started at $50/mo then +HD + local + + + !!! screw that! :rant:

So I chatted with a Rep today. Found I could still get HD Silver, that is supposed to include Big 10 & Fox Sports, $39.99 + $5 local, so $10 more. I make the change, try to watch 439, Big 10, and it's not even in the guide! Chat back, Oh your not in a Big 10 Zip code, but we'll gladly add it for another $5.99! errrr!!!!

Last edited:
:eek: Did you give up HD Absolute for the change, or turbo, or what??

Sorry, yes I meant Turbo HD Silver.
The sales rep pasted a list of cahnnels, #'s & Sat's. I guess I should have explicistly asked if the channels listed I would get, but one would assume when the question asked is "what is included with Turbo HD Silver?", that the list they give you would be what you would get, silly me! Now I'm sure there's no way to go back to HD Absoloute, even tho the rep never said one way change, I know it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts