Multi-Sports Package vs. Center Ice Package

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
The Multi-Sports is about $72/yr ($5.99/mth). Center Ice is about $164/yr ($40.95 x 4). As I look over the channels in the Multi-Sports Package, it looks like many of the NHL games will be carried by the listed Regional Sports Networks or NHL Network. I get Versus which also carries NHL games. Only thing missing would be those games being exclusively broadcast by the Canadian services. Am I missing something here? What does the extra $92 give you? To boot, the Multi-Sports Package is more than just hockey.

Joe

The Multi-Sports is about $72/yr ($5.99/mth). Center Ice is about $164/yr ($40.95 x 4). As I look over the channels in the Multi-Sports Package, it looks like many of the NHL games will be carried by the listed Regional Sports Networks or NHL Network. I get Versus which also carries NHL games. Only thing missing would be those games being exclusively broadcast by the Canadian services. Am I missing something here? What does the extra $92 give you? To boot, the Multi-Sports Package is more than just hockey.

Joe

My guess would be that any out of market NHL game on an RSN would be blacked out. With the Center Ice package you don't have to worry about blackouts.

yep all out of market games are blacked out...hence the reason for the "out of market sports packages" like MLB EI and NHL CI

My guess would be that any out of market NHL game on an RSN would be blacked out. With the Center Ice package you don't have to worry about blackouts.

That is true all major league games, of any sport, are blacked out for RSN not in your DMA.
If the game goes beyond the listed end time you should be able to see the last part of the game.
At least that was how it worked when I last had the sports package.

Still works that way, at least in SD. For hockey it is not much good, unless the game you want to see goes into overtime.

Well, that certainly is a BIG difference. Just knew there had to be something. That's too great a bargain for Dish to let slip by. Sounds like when the sports channels first scrambled many moons ago and you could subscribe to the complete package. I had moved to Ohio and wanted to watch my old home team, the Orioles. I called to order and found that, with my area code, the only pro baseball team that I could watch was the Pirates. I had moved to about 50 miles south of Cleveland and couldn't even watch the Indians. I suggested that he take the package and place it in a location that the sun don't shine.

Thanks for your replies.

Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)