Multi-Switch Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
U

Unregistered

Original poster
Recently upgraded my Direct TV to Direct TV/DVR (Tivo). Well, I wanted to record two shows at the same time, but since I needed a multi-switch, I went and bought one. Now, the question is instalation.

Where do I hook up the multi-switch? Would I be better off finding someone to install it for me? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,
I'll try to assist you but I would like to know a bit more information. If you could described your current installation a little more in depth that would help.

ie: Number of coaxial cables coming from the dish (and/or type of LNB), type of multiswitch (amount of inputs/outputs), how many receivers, etc ...

thanks.

Ill general guide you a little... the switch needs to be installed on a dual (or more) LNB direct feeds. if you have 2 coax cables coming from the dish one goes in input a the other goes in input b. next you run wires from the output of the switch to each reciever. run 2 wires from the switch to the DirecTivo and you should be set. (The Directivo takes 2 becasue it has 2 independant tuners in it.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)