Multi-TV Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cagedit

Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
FL
I am going to be hooking up the second receiver off of my VIP222k and I was wondering what all is necessary in order to hook it up. Do I need to just run a coax from rcvr to tv2 or do I also need a second LNB to be ran to the receiver in order to run the second TV? Sorry to sound like such a noob but I've been looking all day and I can't find anything that explains how it works exactly.

I am going to be hooking up the second receiver off of my VIP222k and I was wondering what all is necessary in order to hook it up. Do I need to just run a coax from rcvr to tv2 or do I also need a second LNB to be ran to the receiver in order to run the second TV? Sorry to sound like such a noob but I've been looking all day and I can't find anything that explains how it works exactly.

Just run a RG-6 coax cable from the "HOME DISTRIBUTION" output on the back of the receiver to the 2nd TV for the TV2 output.

WELCOME ABOARD!

Yer welcome.

Ed

You can't run a 2nd receiver off your first. Each receiver must have a straight cable run from the dish. If you mean that you want to run a cable from your duo receiver to a 2nd
TV, that is a different story. That signal will be in SD.

What I mean to say is that I have one of those receivers that comes with an IR remotes that works from another room. My biggest question is that since this receiver seems to support 2 completely different streams of TV (allbeit that TV2 is SD only), does the receiver have to have 2 separate LNB ran to it or shall the setup that I have that is already running HD on TV1 be sufficient enough to receive SD on TV2? Sorry that I am not great at explaining.

Your current LNB is sufficient. All you need to do is run the coax from the home distribution port to your second TV. You will also need a UHF Pro remote, and the antenna for the back of the receiver. A IR remote will not control it from another room. You also may need to set your receiver in duo mode as well (will disable PIP on TV1) to watch separate programming on TV2

Thanks! I am going tomorrow to homedepot to buy the coax so that I can run the cable. Thanks for the info!

When you connect TV 2 to the receiver, you will need your TV 2 on a certain channel (usually 60 or 73) to get the signal to display on your TV. At TV 1 press the Menu button on the TV 1 remote to bring up the Main Menu, then press 6, 1, 5 (Modulator Setup), just make a note of TV 2 Out channel number. That is the channel you will put TV 2 on. Make sure you connect the RG6 coax cable to the Home Distribution port on the back of the receiver (just to the left of the Remote Antenna). Make sure your Remote Antenna is in the upright position. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks.

As long as you have a DPP-compatible dish with a separator, you're good to go. As far as the TV2 remote, you can also use a splitter/combiner that would combine the HOME DISTRIBUTION port plus the UHF PRO port on the receiver end, and on the other end you can use a splitter to split the TV2 signal and the UHF Pro antenna would be hooked on the other port.

The remote extender is typically used when the TV 2 remote is having functionality issues. The TV 2 remote should be a 21.0 remote with the number 2 blue tab at the bottom of the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)