Multifeed ku dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
1945 vac case, i have 2 up and running. on the other side of the house are the new posts and the hydraulic dish installer (953 trac loader)

Cool! My uncle had a VAC! The only Case tractor I have is a 300 and it is not running. :(

What is a dish 1004?? The bracket you show on the floor in your first photo has a place to hook the arm onto. How can you use that for Primestars??? I have been hoarding brackets from Dish 500's and Super Dishes for my conversions. Which dish has the slimline bracket?? The one towards the ground with the 2 mounted above on the same pole???

the slimline was a direct tv bracket dish ect. I love that one because of the micro adjustment style it has. the slimline is the one on the tallest dish.
I am sorry i did not mention that i had cut anything off the dish brackets that i did not need such as that place to mount the arm for the dish 1002 or 4's.
here is what i do in a nutshell-
Take the bracket you would like to use, get it so it will line up flange bolts to the dish.the bolt holes almost never line up . At this point check to see if the elevations are usable.
Some times the elevation adjustments are so whacked that you have to shim. get a ball park conversion so you have a starting point.
Once all that is ok, look at what you need to adapt the mounting holes- such as a flat plate or just some aluminum angle ect. 1/4"Flat aluminum plates are good .
I use angle a lot because it lets me set a dish up like the tallest one is and lightweight. That tall one was all height possible to look over the house and get 30W.
Measure the adapting plate evenly and mark the holes . This is so you can get your new bracket skew 0 the same as the dish 0. It would be real easy to goof that up.
Dish to adapter plate are clearance holes (bolt and nut).
Bracket to adapter plate are typically - drill and tap the adapter plate 1/4" 20 threads per inch (aprox a 3/16 hole and 1/4 -20 tap. Actual numbers are #7 bit, decimal equiv .2010) or use bigger bolt sizes if preferred. If needed put nuts on the back side for added support. It is EASY to strip aluminum so just tight and with locktite. if you do not know how much torque, drill and tap a test hole and strip it out.
A metal dish would not be a good candidate for a foreign bracket in that those primestars seem to come out to a flat plane for mounting and a lot of metal ones dont seem to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts