Multiple 622 DVRs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Curious, can you have more than one leased 622 DVR? Somewhere I saw some postings that said you could have two but no more. I would love to have another one for the bedroom without paying the high cost. Any answers? Thanks

I have 2 leased 622s also, got them back to back with in weeks of each other. This was back when they first came out and caught on to it. I remember a discussion with tech support a few months ago and they made a comment like "you know you are not supposed to have 2 622s". I simply replied that you guys shipped them to me, so what.

I have two leased 622's, had to wait one year after getting the first before I could lease the second.

Were you told by someone at Dish that after a year you could lease another 622 or was this a special OK? Just curious because I am trying to get Dish to let me keep the 622 I am supposed to send back after recieving a replacement. The only thing wrong with it is the HDMI connection, no big deal I can use component cables.

Customers are allowed one Dish N it up per 12 month period. If it has been over 12 months since you got the first receiver, you should have no problem getting the second one but you do have to commit to another 18 months of service (not sure what the minimum package is).

So, in essence I could keep the reciever I have now that I am supposed to send back. Who do you contact? I tried contacting Jennifer in the CEO office but have yet to hear back. CSR seems to have no clue because if it ain't written in the script they read they become quite confused. I have been with Dish for 11 years so 18 months is not a problem.

So, in essence I could keep the reciever I have now that I am supposed to send back. Who do you contact? I tried contacting Jennifer in the CEO office but have yet to hear back. CSR seems to have no clue because if it ain't written in the script they read they become quite confused. I have been with Dish for 11 years so 18 months is not a problem.
You can try, but I really doubt they will allow it. They will probably tell you you'll have to buy it (new one).

I have two leased 622's and one more I purchased. The first 622 I got shortly after the receiver was first released. A few months later I traded in a 942 for my second 622. Sometime after that I purchased my third from Ebay.

After going through hell getting upgraded from a 921 to a 622 last August (I won't bore ya with the details) the "allowed" me to lease a 722 as well. Of course I'm still waiting for $200 in rebates.:mad: Call and tell 'em you want to cancel and you should get someone in customer retention. That should get you an American with some common sense, hopefully.:rolleyes: If you've been a good customer for 11 years there's no reason they shouldn't "allow" you to get a 2nd HD DVR irregardless of what the "rules" are. If that doesn't work email ceo@echostar.com and politely state your case. While you're at it get DVR Advantage and you'll save a few $$$. $49.99 @ month includes one DVR fee, the 1st leased unit and your locals (AT200). Good luck.
BTW, I've been with 'em just over 10 years.

Ed

I did the Dish N IT UP promotion a month ago and they allowed me to do two 622's at that time since it allows for 4 tuners. They just changed that rule in November I think.

I did the Dish N IT UP promotion a month ago and they allowed me to do two 622's at that time since it allows for 4 tuners. They just changed that rule in November I think.

This Dish N IT UP promo, is it only for new subs? I really haven't heard of it All this time I was under the impression that you couldn't have more than one 622 DVR so I went out and bought a 211 for my other HDTV. I would have rather had another 622 for the DVR feature. I am thinking of calling Dish about this but I know I will only talk to a CSR from the Phillipines and they won't have a clue to what I am talking about.

They changed the site at Dish and I went into my account to look at it. It is nice they show the recievers you have but two of them are deactivated. It does show both of my 622s activated. One of them is the one I need to send back but still have to deactivate it. I called CSR and the rep told me as soon as I deactivate one 622 my account will show only 2 leased tuners and then I can get another one. The 211 I have I own and will sell it. I really didn't know about this program and it is the info I have been waiting for from the CEO office for the past 3 weeks! Thanks again

You do not always have to go to the top to get something done. I emailed executivecustomerservice@echostar.com and asked if I could add a 722 to my existing 622. My account is in good standing and have been with E for about 7 years.

I was able to get the 722 added even though I just Dished-it-up in Feb 2007.

The installer left me a box of cable and a Dishpro Plus 44 switch. Not sure what I am going to do with the switch, but I took it anyways. I only wanted to run SD to two other rooms off the 622 and 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)