multiple 722's

GregE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Prospect, KY
I currently have 1 VIP722. We are thinking of putting a TV in our bedroom so I am thinking of getting a 2nd VIP722 for there. Is there a way for the 2 722's to be networked so if one of them records a show, I can watch it on either of them? I searched but couldn't find an answer to it.

Thanks

Not at this time. Not sure if the 2nd TV for your bedroom is going to be HD or not, but if you don't care about an HD signal you can just use the home distribution output on the back of the 722 and output the signal to your other TV (non-HD signal). You would have access to all of your recordings there.

You can activate EHD (external hard drive) support, archive recordings to it from each machine, and move it back and forth.

I already have my current 722 connected to a TV in the basement. I may just split that signal and use it at both places.

I do already have EHD activated so that would be an option too althought I wouldn't be able to stop a playback in the middle and then pick it up.

I actually asked Dish in a chat and they said I could do it. I didn't believe them so I asked here.

Not at this time. Not sure if the 2nd TV for your bedroom is going to be HD or not, but if you don't care about an HD signal you can just use the home distribution output on the back of the 722 and output the signal to your other TV (non-HD signal). You would have access to all of your recordings there.

Amen, I believe your TV in bedroom is going to be HD and that is why you want another 722. Also, home many TVs do you have in your entire house. You wouldn't necessarily need a 722 then. Let us know.

I was going to hook my inlaws up with two 722's for their two HDTVs but found the cost of the second 722 to be mildly ridiculous so we are going with one 722 and a 222 for a lot less money.

pfan

God I wish there was!!!!!! The only option you have currently is get an external USB hard drive. Then you can move shows you have recorded on one 722 to the EHD, hook the EHD to the 2nd 722, and watch them off of the drive. Of course you will have to pay Dish $40 buck to enable this feature and buy a EHD if you dont already have one. It does work well. But I really would like network support.

I already have my current 722 connected to a TV in the basement. I may just split that signal and use it at both places.

I do already have EHD activated so that would be an option too althought I wouldn't be able to stop a playback in the middle and then pick it up.

I actually asked Dish in a chat and they said I could do it. I didn't believe them so I asked here.

Greg, i have two HD receivers one in the living room and one in the bedroom. It's annoying to record things in both places to switch rooms, but it's not real bad. It also gives you the capability to store more shows or movies. For instance I record my sons movies in the living room and ours in the bedroom for OUR shows :D :up :)

Amen, I believe your TV in bedroom is going to be HD and that is why you want another 722. Also, home many TVs do you have in your entire house. You wouldn't necessarily need a 722 then. Let us know.

I was going to hook my inlaws up with two 722's for their two HDTVs but found the cost of the second 722 to be mildly ridiculous so we are going with one 722 and a 222 for a lot less money.

I currently have 3 TV's with only 1 receiver. One of the TV's is a monitor that is also a TV that we put in the kitchen since we have a new puppy. We've had to spend some extra time in the kitchen so I just split TV2 signal and send it to the basement TV in the exercise room and the kitchen. It's a pain to move the remote around but otherwise works great. Eventually that TV will be gone.

Greg, i have two HD receivers one in the living room and one in the bedroom. It's annoying to record things in both places to switch rooms, but it's not real bad. It also gives you the capability to store more shows or movies. For instance I record my sons movies in the living room and ours in the bedroom for OUR shows :D :up :)

I just hate to have to do that. I was hoping for something like Voom was promising where you could record in one place and then watch it in multiple places. Seems like it would be nice to be able to start a movie in the family room and then finish it in the bedroom. I'd be happy if TV2 would display in HD. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)