multiple dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

csmsach

Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
I i would like to use three seperate dishes instead of the triple lnb dish from directv. I know this may sound odd, but I have the dishes and would like to try it. Is it possible and what kind of multiswitch would i need to use? Thanks

If you searched the forums you wolud find this answered many times. Again you need a standard 4 X 4 multiswitch and a sat"C" kit follow the instructions on the sat c kit for connecting it to the 4X4.

csmsach, welcome to SatelliteGuys! We are glad your here. You will find a wealth of information available on this site however, do not be afraid to ask any question. We will do our best to get you an answer.....

It can be done, but as indicated, you will need the special Sat C kit in order to receive the signals from the 110 satellite. This Sat C kit includes a special LNB and a combiner.

I did a multiple dish set-up several years ago with a DRD420RE receiver, a 36" dish aimed at 101, and a 18" dish aimed at 119. I used a Hughes 2x1 multi-switch.

When I got ready to add the 110 bird for HD, I added another 18" dish with a sat C LNB. I still used the Hughes 2x1 multi-switch but with the sat C combiner going into the 119 sat input. The 36" dish was still used for 101.

3 separate dishes would probably get a better signal than the oval dish. I know my set-up did. You can also use a 4x4 multi-switch as mentioned above. I prefer the 2x1's as they seem to get better signal strength, although a 4x4 would be better for a mulitple receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts