multiple dish's on same property?

So if you have two 211's on the account in addition to a Hopper they are not going to audit? That don't sound right. I can just imagine someone getting audited and them saying that they purchased the Pathway and have it at the campground, audit team says NOT ACCEPTABLE shutting down those 211's permanently, and you are out your money that you paid for the Pathway and both 211's. A lot of people would keep the 211's connected the Pathway when they bring it home or not use it at all at the home when they do come home if they have a Hopper or other main receiver on the account such as a DVR.

I think you'd have a good basis for a lawsuit if they bricked your 211s attached to a Pathway located elsewhere. Do they even ask for the 211 location codes on Hopper audits since they are not supposed to be on the Hopper system but attached to a mobile antenna?

Yeah, that's a good point - you can tell them, "it's in the garage, not hooked up - it's for tailgating (dumb***)". Now, having (2) for tailgating wouldn't be very common... ;) No doubt someone will come up with an off-the-wall justification for having (2) though !

Having the Hopper system in the house and having two 211 receivers at the cabin is the most logical way to go with this. You may have to do a search to find it but Scott did announce that Dish is now allowing two purchased 211 receivers on a Hopper account since the release of the Winegard Pathway portable dish.

Dish is going to have a tough time auditing you when they have a note on your account stating you have two 211 receivers for camping and tailgating. I have one 211 receiver I use for tailgating and at times it may sit in my garage for a few weeks just unhooked. It may even sit in my buddies truck that we took tailgating. My point is that Dish made it so we can take these receivers to other locations so it's going to be hard to say they you are account stacking.

I'm not saying that you will never be audited but this is by far the best solution I can come up with that solves the OP's problem and still falls within Dish's rules. This should not put up any red flags for Dish. Everyone is happy. :)

You actually can share wifi at that distance of you want. Google the engenius brand of outdoor wifi equipment. I use one of their devices to get wifi from my lakehouse to my boat dock for streaming pandora and sharing things on the network.

Sounds like if people want to account stack, they should get the "tailgater" receiver ! :D

I suppose. I don't think they can completely stop account stacking but at least they can minimize it to a certain degree. A customer that is that cheap enough to share an account from another person is probably not a customer Dish wants to sign up in the first place. Who knows, maybe by that customer having Dish in their home from another person's account they will be more likely to sign up with Dish on their own when they can afford it.

I disagree with this. Just shop around with a few local retailers. Describe the entire situation and ask them if they could help you realize a solution that does not involve having 2 accounts. You may and probably will need to call a few retailers to find the right outfit for the job.

Another good bet would be go straight to the technician, because for any highly customized labor scenario like this, your retailer is going to charge an arm and a leg to be able to pay what a tech will require for this installation. You just need a good, and experienced technician.

You may disagree with this, but that doesn't mean you're right. I will say again, you MAY get a retailer to do it, but once the install is done, and it becomes a Dish account, if the Dish EVT folks become suspicious, it doesn't matter a bit WHO installed it. Period. And if EVT calls and you fail the audit, your receivers will be turned off, and there's nothing that retailer can do about it.

There are several good cheap wifi radios that wireless internet service providers use to transmit/receive broadband. Some are Ubiquiti, Deliberant, Tranzeo, Motorola. They can go for miles. 900 mhz helps penetrates trees but you may need the higher bandwidth line of sight 2.4 and/or 5 ghz frequency ranges.

Is it really a different address? He said "he named the road after his dad". If it isn't listed on records as road then it really isn't a different address, just a different dwelling of the same address.

Having the Hopper system in the house and having two 211 receivers at the cabin is the most logical way to go with this. You may have to do a search to find it but Scott did announce that Dish is now allowing two purchased 211 receivers on a Hopper account since the release of the Winegard Pathway portable dish.

Dish is going to have a tough time auditing you when they have a note on your account stating you have two 211 receivers for camping and tailgating..

I don't believe you can have 2 211's on a Hopper account?

Is it really a different address? He said "he named the road after his dad". If it isn't listed on records as road then it really isn't a different address, just a different dwelling of the same address.

If we place a grain bin in the middle of a field and need electric service to it, it gets an address. Whether the post office recognizes it or not, I don't know as the bill comes to my business address. For something like this when it is on the same property as your house I think it should be allowed on the same account. Aren't mother in law houses allowed on the same account as the main house?

If we place a grain bin in the middle of a field and need electric service to it, it gets an address. Whether the post office recognizes it or not, I don't know as the bill comes to my business address. For something like this when it is on the same property as your house I think it should be allowed on the same account. Aren't mother in law houses allowed on the same account as the main house?

I really don't think it matters to Dish. If you have two houses you can not have equipment from the same account at both places and active. Sometimes you can get away with it but Dish can shut off your account if they find out.

And that's probably the bottom line.

While I am not sure what a Mother-in-law house is, (as opposed to an In-Law Apartment) a separate dwelling is just that, separate. DISH is going to take your word for it that you aren't leasing it out for rent? I don't know how DISH or Direct deal with In-Law Apartments in the same dwelling if they are told about them but I can see that as being one account.
We use that term loosely. In most places it has to be an area that can not be otherwise rented but is allowed for family to live in. Otherwise it is an apartment distinct from the main House.

Last edited:
I'm curious about this Auditing Department several posters have mentioned. I've been with Dish Network for many years, off and on. I've never been audited. That doesn't mean I won't be tomorrow.

So, what exactly does the audit ask about the receiver? Is it something which couldn't be written down and kept in your billfold?

What if I don't answer my phone? Will Dish Network suspend my service for not answering my phone?

What if I answer my phone and I'm up on the mountain exploring my wild side? Will Dish Network suspend my service for not being close to my receivers at that moment?

Just trying to learn here.

I'm curious about this Auditing Department several posters have mentioned. I've been with Dish Network for many years, off and on. I've never been audited. That doesn't mean I won't be tomorrow.

So, what exactly does the audit ask about the receiver? Is it something which couldn't be written down and kept in your billfold?

What if I don't answer my phone? Will Dish Network suspend my service for not answering my phone?

What if I answer my phone and I'm up on the mountain exploring my wild side? Will Dish Network suspend my service for not being close to my receivers at that moment?

Just trying to learn here.

Each receiver generates a new code every 10 minutes or so and you can display it on the screen. They just want you to be on the phone and go from receiver to receiver and read the numbers to them. The theory is that if a receiver was not in the same house you would not be able to get to it while on the phone to get the number.

So, what if you have a purchased Joey that is only used part time and is deactivated at the time of the audit call?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts