multiple dish's on same property?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, what if you have a purchased Joey that is only used part time and is deactivated at the time of the audit call?

If it is deactivated they will not ask about it... They only do active receivers on your account.

The thing that annoys people is that if they are home and they call and you answer, you have to do the audit right then or they cut off the receivers until you do the audit. If you do not call them back after their message they will cut off the receivers.

If it is deactivated they will not ask about it... They only do active receivers on your account.

The thing that annoys people is that if they are home and they call and you answer, you have to do the audit right then or they cut off the receivers until you do the audit. If you do not call them back after their message they will cut off the receivers.

What message? I didn't answer the phone and I don't have an answering machine. The truth is I don't even have a landline, but many people still do. Are these customers required to have a answering machine? What if they're gone for a few hours?

Or, what if I answer the phone and I'm not at home, like being on the mountain?

What message? I didn't answer the phone and I don't have an answering machine. The truth is I don't even have a landline, but many people still do. Are these customers required to have a answering machine? What if they're gone for a few hours?

Or, what if I answer the phone and I'm not at home, like being on the mountain?

IN my case I wasn't home , on the road headed to dinner and a movie and they called . I told them I wasn't home and that I would call back once I returned home. When I got home ALL my receivers ,except one were cut off. Took a lot of time on the phone with the audit department till I satisfied them that my receivers were in the same house and they then turned them back on. Not a happy experience and I said then ,that if it happened again, I would not be a customer with them again. That was when I had the 921 pvr back when my kid was like a year old or so. Since then, I have two hoppers and a joey and they are all on the same internet router so they know they are all in the same house on the same internet connection.

So, if you aren't home when they call, and you get home hours later to all but one of your receivers cut off, and you miss some timers because of it, I wouldn't even bother calling them back. I would just cancel then and there.

So, if you aren't home when they call, and you get home hours later to all but one of your receivers cut off, and you miss some timers because of it, I wouldn't even bother calling them back. I would just cancel then and there.

You are beginning to understand why the audit team is complained about so much.

agree 100% there. I'd be pissed if they cut off my receivers for no reason

I just talked with a dish salesman that kinda disappointed me. im thinking about moving to dish for my service. was a long time directv guy and they burned the bridge with me. I have my main house that I have 5 TV's in. I also have a camp on the back of my property on the river with 2 TV's in it. I built a road long time ago instead of the old dirt path that used to go to it and named it after my dad but no mail or deliveries goes to it. everything goes to the main house. with directv I have a couple dish's on the main house and one on the guest home but they all are paid from the same account. this dish guy is saying that b/c the camp has an address that is different from the main house he has to do 2 separate accounts if I switch. is he full of baloney and trying to get double commission for selling 2 accounts?

if he's gonna continue with this story...is there anything from preventing me from getting dish in the main house then just buying a used sat dish and a couple receivers and adding them to the account myself? I refuse to pay for 2 separate accounts for the same dang property. especially when the camp is not a constantly used building. TIA

all depends on the tech you get and how customer service driven they are and if the tech is an internal dish tech or subcontractor, I am a internal tech I have installed multiple dishes on peoples property for most common is the customer has service in the home and they want to add a receiver to a detached shop or garage. due to cable run distance which could cause signal loss and the fact no tech likes trenching in long ground cable runs, I will install a second dish mast and lnbf to save my points per hour and to make the customer happy. the reflector and mast are not serialized and the only thing that needs to be accounted for is an lnbf but I pull off enough old lnbfs(some are brand new) from dish 500 and dish 1000.2 systems when doing a new install or a mover( I do this to avoid the hassle of getting hit with a tc and the work order has a lnbf required as part of the install) that I can easily account for using a second lnbf on a situation like yours..

again it all depends on the tech and how customer service driven they are.
I work in my home town area which is small town usa so I run into my customers all the time when out and about off and on the clock so I take care of them. I like being on good terms with my customers and due to this I have repaired many relationships between my customers and Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)