multiple dish's on same property?

Everybody here just keeps saying "call a retailer, they'll do it for you". That may get it installed, but if Dish ever gets suspicious, and the equipment verification team calls, you're gonna fail an audit and those receivers at the second place will be shut off. The EVT folks are gonna make you physically go to each receiver and give them info from the screen, and if you can't get there inside of a minute or three, they'll fail you and turn off the receivers you can't get to.

Just my two cents worth, if you try to push the issue, you're taking a chance, don't say you didn't know.

Everybody here just keeps saying "call a retailer, they'll do it for you". That may get it installed, but if Dish ever gets suspicious, and the equipment verification team calls, you're gonna fail an audit and those receivers at the second place will be shut off. The EVT folks are gonna make you physically go to each receiver and give them info from the screen, and if you can't get there inside of a minute or three, they'll fail you and turn off the receivers you can't get to.

Just my two cents worth, if you try to push the issue, you're taking a chance, don't say you didn't know.

I disagree with this. Just shop around with a few local retailers. Describe the entire situation and ask them if they could help you realize a solution that does not involve having 2 accounts. You may and probably will need to call a few retailers to find the right outfit for the job.

Another good bet would be go straight to the technician, because for any highly customized labor scenario like this, your retailer is going to charge an arm and a leg to be able to pay what a tech will require for this installation. You just need a good, and experienced technician.

this dish guy is saying that b/c the camp has an address that is different from the main house he has to do 2 separate accounts...
This is the crux of the issue - having a different address.

How did it get a separate address ? You can't just make one up... Or did you simply add a "B" to your address ?

The simplest way to work this is to have Dish install a system in the "front" house and ignore the camp house for now. Buy your own dish and either install it yourself or have someone else do it and then carry your receiver(s) to the camp on weekends. This is what many, many customers do with vacation homes, cabins, etc.

I disagree with this. Just shop around with a few local retailers.
Just because a local retailer installs it isn't going to change the way the audit team operates. If they call and he can't read them the numbers off of the receiver(s) in the cabin on the back property within a secret amount of time, they'll shut off the receiver(s). He can't call them back with the numbers either.

It doesn't matter who does the install. If you have equipment on the same account at two different locations you are always in danger of an audit. This is the risk he is going to have to risk if he wants his system set up that way. If he doesn't want to take any risks then he will have to play by the rules and have a separate account there or just an antenna.

If he just buys a tailgater or pays to have another permanent dish installed there all he needs to do is purchase a 211 receiver and tell Dish it's for tailgating and camping. With the new rules he can even have two 211 receivers on a Hopper account. If he does this he is very unlikely to have any issues with Dish and being audited. Dish has no problems with a customer having a 211 receiver and taking it to other locations. Trust me, this is the most sensible way to go.

Just have a 2nd dish put up...or you can do it yourself. Its easy :)

I have a dish on my shop building and i keep a 211 receiver out there for when im working on equipment. Never had an audit issue and i for darn sure wouldnt pay for a 2nd account. Some of this 'account stacking' talk is just silly, expecially considering your use case.

good luck!

I think most would agree that this is not a case of account stacking. As I said above, the problem is it has a 2nd address and he told the Dish rep this.

I think most would agree that this is not a case of account stacking. As I said above, the problem is it has a 2nd address and he told the Dish rep this.

It doesn't matter what we think. To Dish this is account stacking whether it be the same address or not. Dish has no way of knowing whether or not there is a different family staying in a separate building that a customer has. I'm not saying it's right but these are the rules Dish puts in place in order to protect themselves. The only thing you can do is try to work with what you have within their rules. I feel the suggestion I offered is the best way to go for the customer and to avoid any problems with Dish.

The fact that he has a different address at the camp is the nail in the coffin. There is no way around this one.

A few thousand feet is nearly .4 of a mile. Let's make this a large Texas ranch. Let's have satellite service at the main house and then service at the foreman's house 10 miles away. Same property, a very long ways apart. You're gonna need a separate account for the second house. So, 10 miles, half mile, not a lot different.

Dish has no way of knowing whether or not there is a different family staying in a separate building that a customer has.
Should have described it as an outbuilding or workshop / garage too.... Yes, I know that's misleading, but it just opens up a can of worms when it's described as a cabin or house elsewhere on the property.

The way I read it, yes, he described it as a camp, but I don't think he means a public one or something that he rents out to others. It's for him or his family, not another family or families.

Now, the question is, when he comes back and learns how to re-address this situation to Dish (I suggest starting over, actually), did Dish somehow flag his address with the previously given info ? I doubt it, of course, but you never know !

Let's have satellite service at the main house and then service at the foreman's house 10 miles away. Same property, a very long ways apart.
In that scenario, no one in their right mind would think you can "share" service. As you describe it, it's a different house that's permanently occupied.

Just have a 2nd dish put up...or you can do it yourself. Its easy :)

I have a dish on my shop building and i keep a 211 receiver out there for when im working on equipment. Never had an audit issue and i for darn sure wouldnt pay for a 2nd account. Some of this 'account stacking' talk is just silly, expecially considering your use case.

good luck!
BE VERY THANKFUL YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN AUDITED if it happens and you fail you will never forget the power of the audit team.

Should have described it as an outbuilding or workshop / garage too.... Yes, I know that's misleading, but it just opens up a can of worms when it's described as a cabin or house elsewhere on the property.

The way I read it, yes, he described it as a camp, but I don't think he means a public one or something that he rents out to others. It's for him or his family, not another family or families.

Now, the question is, when he comes back and learns how to re-address this situation to Dish (I suggest starting over, actually), did Dish somehow flag his address with the previously given info ? I doubt it, of course, but you never know !

I know we believe what he wants to do is just fine but Dish doesn't care what he wants to do. As long as he keeps telling Dish that it's for a separate building it's not going to happen. They are not going to believe that it's just a second location for him on the same property. He's best to just avoid asking Dish to do this install altogether and ask a retailer. He can lie to Dish by telling them he needs all that equipment for just his house and then when the installer gets there pay him some extra money to have done what he wants but that's not the ideal way to handle his situation.

Bottom line is, Dish will never install a system at 2 separate physical addresses and allow sharing of 1 account. If you find a Retailer to do it, they will do so at the risk of having their Retailer Agreement terminated by Dish. The OP needs to treat the "Part Time Cabin" as just that. Dish is OK with The customer or his agent installing a second Dish on his dime and moving receiver(s) there whenever needed. It's well known that in this scenario, Dish does not allow the account to be used at both addresses simultaneously though. All of this assumes all those involved are going 100% by the book.

It doesn't matter who does the install. If you have equipment on the same account at two different locations you are always in danger of an audit. This is the risk he is going to have to risk if he wants his system set up that way. If he doesn't want to take any risks then he will have to play by the rules and have a separate account there or just an antenna. If he just buys a tailgater or pays to have another permanent dish installed there all he needs to do is purchase a 211 receiver and tell Dish it's for tailgating and camping. With the new rules he can even have two 211 receivers on a Hopper account. If he does this he is very unlikely to have any issues with Dish and being audited. Dish has no problems with a customer having a 211 receiver and taking it to other locations. Trust me, this is the most sensible way to go.
. I think this would be a great solution. A few 211K's at the other place would be the way to go. They are also great receivers.

Is it because the Pathway X1 allows for 2 211's to be hooked up that now you can have 2 of them on your account with Hopper for tailgating? Would hook one up at a time at home for updates,disconnect the first & then hook up the other to repeat the process? I'm just trying to imagine how you would set up wiring for 2 ViP 211's in a Hopper/ Joey household.

So if you have two 211's on the account in addition to a Hopper they are not going to audit? That don't sound right. I can just imagine someone getting audited and them saying that they purchased the Pathway and have it at the campground, audit team says NOT ACCEPTABLE shutting down those 211's permanently, and you are out your money that you paid for the Pathway and both 211's. A lot of people would keep the 211's connected the Pathway when they bring it home or not use it at all at the home when they do come home if they have a Hopper or other main receiver on the account such as a DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts