Multiple External Hard Drives With H3

EvilEuro

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 13, 2005
I tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything on it. Strange as I thought I had seen the topic addressed previously in a non-H3 context.

That being said, is there a way to use multiple external hard drives at the same time with the H3? I know it won't recognize two hard drives plugged in at the same time into the multiple USB ports. But is there some other way of have multiple drives recognized at one time?

We have multiple EHDs that we'd like to be able to use without having to swap out individual drives, thus the desire for a solution.

Recommendations with links to various solutions / products would be appreciated.

The H3 supports up to 3 EHD's all at the same time. You can plug them all into a powered USB hub or you can plug them into the H3's USB ports directly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have 2 EHDs connected to my Hopper 3. one is connected to the USB 3.0 port. It is USB 3.0 compliant.
The second is connected to the USB 2.0 port. Both work great. The second EHD is connected to the USB port
in the back.

As a side note the USB 3.0 port and drive are very fast. A 1 hour HD show took all of 3 minutes to transfer.
The same type show took 15 minutes to transfer to the USB 2.0 EHD

I have 2 EHDs connected to my Hopper 3. one is connected to the USB 3.0 port. It is USB 3.0 compliant.
The second is connected to the USB 2.0 port. Both work great. The second EHD is connected to the USB port
in the back.

As a side note the USB 3.0 port and drive are very fast. A 1 hour HD show took all of 3 minutes to transfer.
The same type show took 15 minutes to transfer to the USB 2.0 EHD

15 minutes to transfer a one hour HD show is very slow. I have the HWS which only has USB 2.0 and it only takes about 4 or 5 minutes to transfer a one hour HD show.

15 minutes to transfer a one hour HD show is very slow. I have the HWS which only has USB 2.0 and it only takes about 4 or 5 minutes to transfer a one hour HD show.
I think NR2D has some other issue, I have a H3 with 2 usb2 EHD's here plugged into a usb hub and in the usb2 slot on the H3, I regularly get about 4 minutes per hour show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts