Multiple HD Channels out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Directv has multiple HD channels out right now. Signal strength looked fine, so it is hopefully not a satellite problem.

Anyhow, several channels showing technical difficulity.

Remember to go to setup and preferences and set to show all channels, and go to all channels instead of a favorite list to view the SD version.

As a funny side to this, the tigers game on 663 is in difficutly. For some reason they also have it on 664-1 working fine.

SNY out of new york is another, have to watch the marlins broadcasters!!! ughh!!!

Unless/Until they come out with an explanation, I think it's easy to link this to the reports of the Sun shooting all kinds of crap at us this week. With the satellites in geostationary orbit, it would make a ton of sense that the channels get back online as they have the dark side of the earth to protect them. If it's a dying satellite, I've got to believe it would take barely any space on the satellites to send the card/music up and map it to all of the "dead" channels. That's the worst (and least likely) cause/result. I remember my parents' cable having a week of issues caused by Sun/Solar activity 2 cycles ago and everything was fine after a few days.

From DIRECTV
[h=5]Service Update: We are working on the issue impacting some HD channels and hope to have a fix ASAP. In the meantime the SD feeds of those channels are still available. Channels will start to come back online soon. Stay tuned for further updates, but most of all, save yourself a call into Customer Service. The technical teams are on it![/h]

As a funny side to this, the tigers game on 663 is in difficutly. For some reason they also have it on 664-1 working fine.

My 663 was working fine around 8 or so, also noticed that the 664 channel was on, thought that was odd and found that it was being run without announcers, just on field things were being heard.

Unless/Until they come out with an explanation, I think it's easy to link this to the reports of the Sun shooting all kinds of crap at us this week. With the satellites in geostationary orbit, it would make a ton of sense that the channels get back online as they have the dark side of the earth to protect them. If it's a dying satellite, I've got to believe it would take barely any space on the satellites to send the card/music up and map it to all of the "dead" channels. That's the worst (and least likely) cause/result. I remember my parents' cable having a week of issues caused by Sun/Solar activity 2 cycles ago and everything was fine after a few days.

Thats usually not till like October when the Sun interrupts service.

My 663 was working fine around 8 or so, also noticed that the 664 channel was on, thought that was odd and found that it was being run without announcers, just on field things were being heard.

I watched it on 664 till about 8:30, it wasn't bad and was nice just having the crowd noise and crack of the bat.

Found this on FSD site:
Program Alert: Natural Sounds at Comerica Park on FSD Plus
http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/mlb...uesday-on-FSD-PLUS?blockID=924549&feedID=3706

Here is an update from DIRECTV

While some channels have been restored there are still issues being worked on. We hope to have these all fixed shortly.

Damn just in time to watch the Yankees at Dodgers on YES

Recording of Hardcore Pawn audio really out of sync with video and it just stopped recording at like 13 min in. I'll set both HD and SD reruns to record.

Last edited:
Recording of Hardcore Pawn audio really out of sync with video and it just stopped recording at like 13 min in. I'll set both HD and SD reruns to record. Too bad I'm under contract, I'd call and threaten to leave.

Really? This is the first major issue Directv has had in quite a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)