Multiple instances of missing Sound

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
While watching New Amsterdam with PTAT on WCMH 04-00, several times the sound disappeared for several seconds. If I skipped back to the location the missing sound was still missing there. This happened 5 or 6 times during the program. There was no problem with the video. Has anyone else noticed this? This was on my Living Room Hopper3 running U531.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Reactions: phatal
I checked and the audio is missing at the same spots on my Family Room Hopper3 for New Amsterdam. So it must be a problem with the broadcast since both Hopper3 receivers act identical.

Yes!
I frequently have the audio drop for a few seconds. It doesn't seem to discriminate on any particular show. But it generally only happens at the punch line so it doesn't really matter, does it.
It's been happening for at least as long as I have had the Hopper 3.

Yes!
I frequently have the audio drop for a few seconds. It doesn't seem to discriminate on any particular show. But it generally only happens at the punch line so it doesn't really matter, does it.
It has only started up for me about a couple of weeks ago and everything is a punch line to my wife and I hear about it. :coco

You guys are saying this specifically on PTAT? I haven't seen it, but I don't have PTAT turned one, either. I'm assuming on Dish chanels, not OTA, correct?

Yes it was with PTAT with the satellite network channels. I have noticed it on a couple of shows.

Yes!

I can confirm the same behavior, however, I didn't equate it to just PTAT viewing. I'll pay closer attention to see if that is the only time it occurs. I thought my Hopper 3 drive was getting "tired".

Reactions: charlesrshell
I do have PTAT turned on.
Is it necessary to have PTAT to enable Auto Hop? I have always equated the two features. Until just now I didn't realize that with an H3 and 16 tuners PTAT is not relevant.

I do have PTAT turned on.
Is it necessary to have PTAT to enable Auto Hop? I have always equated the two features. Until just now I didn't realize that with an H3 and 16 tuners PTAT is not relevant.
Yes it needs to be on but only for just the minimum so I use Saturday for ABC (since nothing is on ABC worth saving) and only save for two days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts