Multiple Joeys showing blank/black screen w/ Live Mode msg

shadow10-8

Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
DFW
First post, but didn't see this issue searching/scanning back several months. Call w/ Dish support was worthless.

I have 1 Hopper w/ 3 Joeys that are all exhibiting the same issue. After working fine for over 6 months, all Joeys show linked to the Hopper, pull current guide info, and show correct tuner usage. When selecting a channel from the guide, I get a "must switch to Live Mode" msg and then get a blank/black screen. When selecting a recorded show from the DVR, I get a blank/black screen. Banner information is correct and the tuner information shows the Joey using the selected channel.

Walked through troubleshooting with Dish support, show have verified config, re-set both the Hopper and Joeys. Changed connection and currently have 1 Joey connected via coax, 1 hardwired Ethernet and 1 wireless Ethernet. I've tried bring the Joeys up separately after resets (to test for connectivity issue). I'm at a loss and have been jacking around with this for several weeks.

Hopper is running S334
Joeys are running S286

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coax linked Joey has the same issue. I've tried bridged and un-bridged w/ resets in between. I don't have a HIC. On the Ethernet/wireless setup I've tried 2 routers (Linksys and ASUS) and used a gigabit switch with all Dish equipment 1 hop away and connected from there to my gateway. I'm a network guy, so have a handle on the data side (I think).

I've also tried setting the frequency to limited and unlimited, although I'm not sure what practical effect it would have on the video feed from the hopper.

Well as I posted to you at the other site S335 is the latest and S363 for the Joeys. Something really odd here. Contact DIRT.

I was going to say: no one should be using S334 but thomasjk beat me. Had S335 for quite a while.
May indicate your receive is not getting "off" time and thus is not get the update--not that is that great.
If nothing else, turn off the Joeys and Hopper one night or almost any time.

You should go to Hopper and with normal TV display, press the red (left) button.
This shows which tuners are in use and where.
Maybe that can help locate your problem.
-Ken

I had the same problem. You are probably pointing only at satellite 72.7W. Disconnect all Joeys, move your dish to 119W, do a check switch, wait for your Hopper to download the latest software and then connect the Joeys. Problem solved.

I've PM'd a couple of DIRT members, but haven't seen a response yet. If someone from the DIRT team could contact me I'd appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts