GEOSATpro Multiple timed recordings fail on a Mcro HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
This has been one of those issues I've had for a long time now but just decided to see if there's a way to do this on a Micro HD. Search didn't find a solution for this so here goes.

When I setup to record a single program the receiver does fine. If it's off it turns itself on, records the program then turns itself off. And it does this usually without any problems. BUT, if I set it up to record TWO programs instead of just one, it will record the 1st one but NOT the 2nd? The prompt comes up on the TV screen to start the second recording but it doesn't?

And BTW, my Openbox S9 does pretty much the same thing. That V7 that I have will record as many programs as I put in it and I've done that with the recordings spaced only 1 minute apart recording those marathon programs on Decades on weekends. I don't like using that receiver though because of the funky GUI for playback that doesn't work well with the Micro HD playback.

Ennywho, has anyone setup a Micro HD successfully to do multiple daily recordings and if so, could you clue me in on what it takes to make that happen?

Thanks

To help with successful multiple recording events with my setup, I found over the years to leave the receiver on and not in standby mode.

If switching channels, it helps with the strongest signal quality possible. Channels that take a second or two to lock may not record especially if changing satellites with a marginal signal or bad weather.

UPDATE: Been really, REALLY busy with computer stuff for a while and finally got around to doing some testing on this.

I've had some success and some not so successful attempts at multiple recordings so it's not something I'll ever be able to trust to record something I really want to watch. Having 3 Micro HDs and 3 complete 10ft systems I guess I can always setup more than one system to record since ONE recording seems to work fine on all 3. It even works well with the receiver OFF before it starts plus it will move the dish also but getting it to record two shows is a crap shoot even if they are on the SAME satellite and the receiver is already on. It is what it is I guess.

Just a shame though because that $20 junk Freesat V7 HD that I have will record one program after another with only 1 minute between them, and, will even move the dish for multiple recordings as well and never misses a beat! Just a shame that the blind scan and the GUI on that box both suck!!

Thanks for the help!

Are your timers for different channels, different satellites? I will record 3 or 4 shows a day from COZI on Ku and even have overlapping recordings. I do not have the microHD power off after the recording, as the time was going out of sync for me. I also do not set the time by the satellite, but set the time manually. I had found some recordings were not recording the complete shows, and missing others. What I found out is that COZI will change the time in the middle of a show and my receiver would end the recording and miss the next one as it was already past the recording time according to the new time, then some time latter the time would go back to being correct. It took me a while until I finally saw this happen and saw why it happened. To record overlapping recordings, you need to set up a duplicate channel with a different SID. Then the second recording will start before the first one has ended. Same channel but the first and second one have a different SID. If the recordings do not overlap, then no need to create a duplicate channel.

FYI, I have a list of transponders on about 5 or 6 satellites that have the CORRECT TIME! I set the time on my Micro HD by those satellites, THEN TURN OFF AUTO TIME SET in local time setting. It will STAY on that time, even in standby mode and will even move to satellite transponders with incorrect time and not change. I record Decades every morning from 101w and the time on that one is incorrect, however, the time on MeTV on 101w IS correct so I use that to set the time, then turn auto time set OFF and setup to record Decades daily. After that I switch to MeTV and put the receiver in standby mode and it records Decades EVERY morning at 7am Eastern Daylight time. Note that the time will stay set correctly unless power goes off completely. Then it reverts to the default setting, which is WAY off.

But yeah, I've tried recording the same program twice with 10 minutes between recording times and it fails about half the time. And if you want to record on one satellite then have it move to another satellite to record something else?? You can forget that!

Ennywho, as I said up the page, It is what it is and I'll just deal with it!

Ennywho, as I said up the page, It is what it is and I'll just deal with it!

If you get ambitious and wanting to play with it again, try deleting the channels and manually adding them back in...... but this is just a guess. I have had problems with channels that were solved by this. But as you said " It is what it is and I'll just deal with it!".