Multiple TV Timer Problems on DVR625

ratbox

Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Not sure if I am going mad here and trying to do something basic yet impossible, or I am just being a numpty and can't find out how to do it, or there is something wrong with my system setup.

I have my DVR625 set up in dual mode for two seperate TVs in the house.

When I find something I want to set up a timer for, I can go and do that just fine from either remote in the respective room. What I'd like to do is when I find a future show, to be able to set it to record on TV2 from the TV1 remote without having to go to the other end of the house each time.

Is it possible to set up a timer for TV2 from TV1? When ever I select a future show, and then select the occurrence of the recording, it never gives me an option of which TV I want to use, it just takes the TV number associated with the remote I am using.

Surely I'm just doing something wrong here?

Not sure if I am going mad here and trying to do something basic yet impossible, or I am just being a numpty and can't find out how to do it, or there is something wrong with my system setup.

I have my DVR625 set up in dual mode for two seperate TVs in the house.

When I find something I want to set up a timer for, I can go and do that just fine from either remote in the respective room. What I'd like to do is when I find a future show, to be able to set it to record on TV2 from the TV1 remote without having to go to the other end of the house each time.

Is it possible to set up a timer for TV2 from TV1? When ever I select a future show, and then select the occurrence of the recording, it never gives me an option of which TV I want to use, it just takes the TV number associated with the remote I am using.

Surely I'm just doing something wrong here?

Ratbox,

Pull up your Main Menu, then select Preferences, then Record Plus. You can then select a preference for which tuner ALL Timer Event record too. You can NOT Pick and choose some events to record to Tuner #1 and some to Tuner #2. Record Plus is an either or option. Once you select an option then all timers will record on that tuner.

The only work around would be once a recording starts you put the receiver into Single Mode then swap tuners and then place the receiver back into Dual Mode. This would swap the tuners used.

John

John,

Thanks for the reply.

My DVR is set to dual mode.

I went to check the record plus option, and its enabled and set to TV2.

I then looked for a future show in the TV guide(from TV1), and pressed the record button. This brought up the record window where I could select the occurance of the timer etc. In the middle of the screen, top right of the occurance selection it had the icon for TV1 indicating that it would be recorded on TV1. When I do this on TV2, I get the same icon with TV2 on it (again indicating the time will record on TV2). When I look at these shows in the schedule, they are due to record on TV1 and TV2 accordingly.

It still seems like I am not being able to set a timer for TV2 from the TV1 remote.

Or am I still missing something?

If record plus is set to TV2, the only time it should record to TV1 is if TV2 is already recording something. Try deleting ALL timers and do a hard reboot (unplug the 625).

Just disregard the TV1 icon. It's a little quirk that was discussed a long time ago, I don't remember exactly why. The way to tell, is get back to your regular program guide and skip ahead to find the program you set for. It should show TV2, unless as said, you have overlapping timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)