Multiple TVs on one Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lgabb

Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I'm considering switching back to D* after a 3 year hiatus with Comcast HD DVR service. I have one 42" plasma on the HD DVR and three analog TVs directly connected to cable. Since it's only my wife and I at home now, only the plasma and one of the analog TVs will be watched at any one time. Are there any issues with splitting the RF output of a SDTV receiver 3 ways and using RF remotes to control the receiver from the various rooms in the house? Being the "value conscious" (i.e. cheap) person that I am, I'd hate to pay for three additional receiver programming when one will serve the purpose. Also, if I should replace one of the analog TVs with a HDTV and upgrade the second receiver to HD, do the D* HD receivers have a RF output to feed the analog TVs?

Yes this will work for you. Receives output multiple feeds at the same time.

Connect your HD DVR to your main tv then get a second receiver to feed the other 3 tv's. You are able to split the output from the receiver. Just don't split before the receiver as it won't work.

RF remotes are great for this type of thing. I do the same thing in my home.

When/if you get HD tv to replace the other 3 tv's just upgarade the stand receiver to a HD reciever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)