MultiSport Package =(

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
Hey friends,
I had the MultiSport Package for at least 3 weeks. I really could not stand all the blackouts. It's like every company owns a sports program except fox. I just want to see how you fell about this. Also, NBATV and MSG should be on at180 because of the price hike =).

CK

if you got the sport package for pro sports, you are out of luck. if you got it for college sports (minus football), then you are in luck.

I am thinking of adding the sports pak for college basketball, since Empire folded E* has given me Fox Pittsburg2 as my RSN and I live 480 miles NE of Pittsburg, in MSG territory.
So far Fox Pittsburg has blacked out alll live sports including most Big EAST games they carry, the only exception was last weeks game of West Virginia. I get West coast games and got last nights ACC game.
If I take Sports Pak and get MSG and FSNY, since I am really in their zip territory (even though E* won't give them to me as my RSN), will I get the Big EAst Games they carry? or will I be blacked out because they are usually on FULL Court.

Marty43 said:
I am thinking of adding the sports pak for college basketball, since Empire folded E* has given me Fox Pittsburg2 as my RSN and I live 480 miles NE of Pittsburg, in MSG territory.
So far Fox Pittsburg has blacked out alll live sports including most Big EAST games they carry, the only exception was last weeks game of West Virginia. I get West coast games and got last nights ACC game.
If I take Sports Pak and get MSG and FSNY, since I am really in their zip territory (even though E* won't give them to me as my RSN), will I get the Big EAst Games they carry? or will I be blacked out because they are usually on FULL Court.

Marty,

MSG is considered in MARKET for ALL of New York including Western NY. Almost all live sporting events on MSG are IN MARKET for all of New York, so not blacked out. I had the RSN package awhile back for the same reason, all sports on MSG were in the clear, most on Foxsports NY were also in the clear as well as all on Empire. So at the time the RSN package made sense as I got all New York team games.

I sent an email off to Ceo@echostar.com this weekend asking, "Why did Dish substitute an out of State and Out of Market RSN for Western New Yorkers now defunct Empire Sports instead of providing an IN Market RSN from NYC." I also pointed out that when (IF) the NHL starts back up all of my local Sabres local market rights games will be on a RSN that I don't get. I don't understand how Dish came up with this one, although it seems money was a deciding factor instead of pleasing the Subscribers. So now almost half of NY gets only sports on an out of state RSN with almost all live sporting event content blacked out, gee thanks Mr. Ergen, thanks all to much.

BTW, I have yet to receive a response. The following website is based on my zip code, but if you input yours your will see all of the teams that you qualify for as In the Local Teams Market; http://dish.fxep.com/ASP/default.asp?DestPage=RegionTeams.asp?ZipCode=14559&ZipCode=14459

John

John, thanks for the post, I have been to that site, I qualify for Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, but not the Mets. Do you qualify for Mets. Thats on a RSN that E* says is not my RSN.

So this morning I call Dish support, talked a long time with a CSR, but got mostly same hold jibberish. He finally came out with following statement. You qualify for MSG with AT120 pkg, but it does not show up in your guide because you are blacked out for everything on MSG. UGH?? Then he said your RSN is Pittsburg because they bought out Empire. UGH?

He finally agreed to turn on sports pak for me and said call back in a few days, they marked my account and if they blackout every thing, I can cancel and not be charged $5 removal fee.

Well guess what it looks like I get Most everything on FSNY and MSG. The Knicks/Pistons game tomorrow nite has no blackout bubble on it. There is no hockey to test with. I can find only one college game I am blacked out on the NC/NCstate game tomorrow. I do show as getting Florida state/ Miami tomorrow on Sunshine.

I am mostly interested in getting sports pac for Big EAST games, my quide dosent show Syracuse/St.Johns Wednesday scheduled for MSG . Will check that in morning. If I only subscribe to sorts pac for college basketball season, it may turn out to be a good alternate to FULL court.

Follow up to my previous post. I had sports pac turned on for 3 days, I got the NY Knicks Detroit NBA in the clear on MSG, proving I am in MSG market even though they are not my RSN. I got all college basketball games in clear on MSG and FSNY, except for BigEast games which are what I wanted. With no hockey there was no pro sports on FSNY. If METS (which I can't get, even though I am in their territory)form their own channel next year, MSG and FSNY are about wortless to me.

On Wednesday night ST. John/ Syracuse was blacked out on MSG. and West Virginia Pittsburg was blacked out on Fox Pitt, which is my RSN. I did get the SYR/St.John and WVA/PITT game on FULL court.
I called back today and canceled sports pac, as it is about worthless to me.

Wednesday was a particularly bad blackout day (I was trying to find something too), but it's because we're at the end of the regular season so all the games are conference games. Even so, I found a Missouri Valley Conference game to yawn through.

Subbing to the Sports Pack always tests your tendency to call a glass half-empty or half-full. You can dwell on the events you missed and call the pack worthless. Or you can count the games that you _can_ watch and wouldn't get otherwise (about 8-10 MBKB this M-F alone) and decide whether it's worth $6/month to you.

That doesn't count stuff like women's sports, regional sports reports, coaches' shows, pro wrestling, poker, college hockey, baseball hot stove shows -- and those are examples of what I could find in tonight's listings. Maybe all this is as worthless to you as Lifetime Movie Network is to me, but you gotta admit -- it's a whole lot of something for your $6. :)

Did you guys notice on the Dish Website on the at180, people think they get all those sports stations listed but noooooo. You have to get the MultiSport Package. How sad and not fair. It is mis-advertsing and more and more blackouts. The only thing they show w/o blackouts is TNA Wrestling and the Sports Reports. I still think it is not the $5.99, I rather get local channels from anywhere else for that price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts