Multisports ?

Sounds like someone's from Iowa. (edit: I suppose I would've noticed this if I looked closer.)

I will likely not receive any additional games from FSN outlets acquired by purchasing the sports pack. You are only entitled to games broadcast on those channels which appear in your regular cable package.

Unfortunately, adding MLB Extra Innings won't solve this problem either; nor will purchasing MLB.TV. The rules are ridiculous. If you would like, you can view the "blackout map" at the following web site:

http://www.maurybrown.com/images/MLBTerritories.jpg
Ya know what's really stupid about this...There are zip codes well inside team boundaries where NOTHING is blacked out..I live in one of those....28104..another really dopey thuing is no one I mean no one can or is willing ot exaplain how these terriotories were set up. Nor can we find out why.
I sent a few emails to the MLB offices in NYC...No response...Schmucks.

Ya know what's really stupid about this...There are zip codes well inside team boundaries where NOTHING is blacked out..I live in one of those....28104..another really dopey thuing is no one I mean no one can or is willing ot exaplain how these terriotories were set up. Nor can we find out why.
I sent a few emails to the MLB offices in NYC...No response...Schmucks.

Some zip codes are newer or changed than when MLB drew the maps last. So this is a loophole.

*FSN Midwest carries RSTN to Kansas, Nebraska, and portions of Missouri and that is how those areas get the Royals via Dish/DirecTV/Cable. Good news is that the Royals are folding RSTN and moving back onto FSN Midwest in 2008 so you should be able to see the games in Iowa again via Dish Network.

Happy Baseball Watching! :)

I'm a huge Royals fan and I so want that to happen as i'm sure the Royals will be on D*.

If this is concerning the MLB Zip Code issues where one zip code in a territory is blank and doesn't have blackout info:

1) USPS has zip codes
2) MLB makes blackout maps based on all current zip codes
3) USPS adds or changes zip codes
4) MLB hasn't dealt with changes or additions well enough to enforce blackouts
5) You have the zip codes without blackouts set

i used to have a cabin addy :) that i used it was in hamburg iowa and i got all those teams tsduke mentioned in his op on the rsn channel 400's

so yes more than likely if in iowa you will get all the teams tsduke reffered to in op in the 400's

i now use my physical addy as audit team required that in my case
and just get Twins, oh well there the cream of the crop

Some zip codes are newer or changed than when MLB drew the maps last. So this is a loophole.
I guess they draw maps quite infrequently..28104 has been around for ten years..I fact that zip has been spilt again. About 5 years ago they came up with 28106.
it's a cool loophole indeed.. I can sub to MLB EI or MLB TV and there's NO blackouts..

Most of the above info posted above is WRONG. In some areas you do get additional pro games with Multi-Sport. garn9173 and CapeFish are pretty close ... :)

To see baseball on an RSN, you need two things. (1) You have to be in that team's "home area". (2) Dish has to have a contract that allows them to show the team in your area.

So this means for instance that Dish cannot do anything to show you Red Sox games in Iowa since Iowa is not claimed by the Red Sox. And Dish cannot show Yankees games on YES to fans in New York City because Dish has no contract with YES. And even though the Royals claim a large area including Iowa, Dish does not have a contract with the Royals / RSTN to show Royals games in Iowa.

The web site noted above has the map that shows Iowa is claimed by the Cubs / White Sox / Brewers / Twins / Royals / Cards. Another useful (but out-of-date) site is Welcome to Eplaybook. It shows what teams you will actually see with MultiSport for a given ZIP code. Two warnings: it does appear out of date, and mainly just list Fox RSNs (no Comcast Sportsnets except for CSN-MidAtlantic).

Now, according to this site, Cedar Rapids Iowa can watch the Cards and Twins with Multi-Sport. Comcast-Chicago is not listed, but as noted at the top of this thread the Cubs and Sox games are also available. Brewers and Royals games appear to be blacked out to Iowans.

Note that it is less likely to get extra NHL or NBA games with Multi-Sport, since it seems that these leagues have much smaller "home areas" for their teams and less overlap areas.

Last edited:
Most of the above info posted above is WRONG. In some areas you do get additional pro games with Multi-Sport. garn9173 and CapeFish are pretty close ... :)

To see baseball on an RSN, you need two things. (1) You have to be in that team's "home area". (2) Dish has to have a contract that allows them to show the team in your area.

1) Well he is in the area of the Cubs, Cardinals, White Sox, Royals, Brewers, & Twins according to MLB.

2) Dish has FSN Midwest for the Cardinals, FSN Wisconsin for the Brewers, FSN North for the Twins, and Comcast SportsNet Chicago for the Cubs & White Sox. FSN's ePlaybook is outdated, but it appears FSN Wisconsin has gotten deals signed with Dish Network to have Brewers games delivered to Iowans that FSN North could not get. FSN Wisconsin is an offshoot from FSN North based out of WITI-TV (FOX6) Milwaukee.

The only gap seems to be the Royals/RSTN in Iowa from Dish Network. Since FSN Midwest only has rights for Kansas, Nebraska, and parts of Missouri to RSTN, Dish had to get RSTN itself for Iowa. It didn't do this, that is why there are no Royals games from RSTN on Dish. But in 2008, FSN Midwest and the Royals will be together again and that should allow Dish Network subscribers in Iowa to get those FSN Royals games. Hopefully the Royals don't move back to FSN Rocky Mountain to further confuse issues. ;)

1) ... But in 2008, FSN Midwest and the Royals will be together again and that should allow Dish Network subscribers in Iowa to get those FSN Royals games. Hopefully the Royals don't move back to FSN Rocky Mountain to further confuse issues. ;)
Either way, I'll get them in HD with MultiSport, since Dish carries both, and I'm in Royals' territory (along with the Cardinals, Rangers, and Astros :)). I just hope that all the teams pump up the HD baseball schedule on the RSNs next year.

Either way, I'll get them in HD with MultiSport, since Dish carries both, and I'm in Royals' territory (along with the Cardinals, Rangers, and Astros :)). I just hope that all the teams pump up the HD baseball schedule on the RSNs next year.

:up :cool: Marlins have 74 games in 2007 on FSN Florida HD . I hope that in 2008 FSN Florida HD and Sun Sports HD will air all 150 games in statewide in High Definition. Dish Network migrating MPEG2 HD users to MPEG4 would be nice too.

Plus, the Rays currently have 39 HD games on FSN Florida HD. Hopefully all 75 of their FSN telecasts will be HD in 2008.

FSN is building a new HD master control in Houston for all their regional networks. :eureka

1) Well he is in the area of the Cubs, Cardinals, White Sox, Royals, Brewers, & Twins according to MLB.

2) Dish has FSN Midwest for the Cardinals, FSN Wisconsin for the Brewers, FSN North for the Twins, and Comcast SportsNet Chicago for the Cubs & White Sox. FSN's ePlaybook is outdated, but it appears FSN Wisconsin has gotten deals signed with Dish Network to have Brewers games delivered to Iowans that FSN North could not get. FSN Wisconsin is an offshoot from FSN North based out of WITI-TV (FOX6) Milwaukee.

The only gap seems to be the Royals/RSTN in Iowa from Dish Network. Since FSN Midwest only has rights for Kansas, Nebraska, and parts of Missouri to RSTN, Dish had to get RSTN itself for Iowa. It didn't do this, that is why there are no Royals games from RSTN on Dish. But in 2008, FSN Midwest and the Royals will be together again and that should allow Dish Network subscribers in Iowa to get those FSN Royals games. Hopefully the Royals don't move back to FSN Rocky Mountain to further confuse issues. ;)

Sounds right. I picked up the pack last week. Getting pretty much every thing I should short of the Royals.:mad:

Good deal, glad you are getting the Brewers as well.

It's too bad that there is nowhere to find out what teams you will really get with Dish MultiSport or DirecTV SportsPack. Maybe I'll start a website on the subject when I retire. :)

I know, I would like to know if Dish Network finally cut a deal with FSN Florida & Sun Sports to carry Marlins Baseball and Devil Rays Baseball to Southern Alabama like DirecTV does as part of the Multi-Sport Pack.

For DirecTV: Local Regional Sports Network Information

The closest thing Dish Network has is their Local Channels finder that gives you your basic RSN(s) instead any teams.

It does seem to me that Dish Network has increased their FSN deals to cover more territory.

Did Dish Network and FSN finally come to an agreement to restore the Cardinals and Tigers to fans in those teams' extended secondary markets?

Last edited:
Did Dish Network and FSN finally come to an agreement to restore the Cardinals and Tigers to fans in those teams' extended secondary markets?

Dish Network subscribers to Multisports in NW Ohio are still unable to watch Tiger games broadcast on FSN Detroit, although we are in the Tigers claimed territory and have had the games available in previous years. Unless Dish adds FSN Detroit to the basic programming tier, FSN will continue to blackout the Tiger games. Since we already have FSN Ohio, FSN Cincy, and STO in our basic package , I doubt this will happen.

Directy had the same problem at the start of the season, but was able to quickly reach an agreement with FSN that restored the games.

I believe many secondary market Cardinal fans had their games restored when Dish added FSN Midwest to their basic programming tier.

Directy had the same problem at the start of the season, but was able to quickly reach an agreement with FSN that restored the games.

I believe many secondary market Cardinal fans had their games restored when Dish added FSN Midwest to their basic programming tier.

You are correct - we had this problem w/FSN Midwest on BOTH E* & D*.
BOTH providers now give it to us on the same tiers that previously ONLY had Comcast Sports Chicago. In my area, you HAD to get Multisports (E*) or SportsPak (D*) to get ANY pro sports on FSN Midwest; this is no longer the case.

E* DOES have this updated on their local channels lookup page - unfortunately, D* has NOT updated this info on their RSN lookup page. :(

You are correct - we had this problem w/FSN Midwest on BOTH E* & D*.
BOTH providers now give it to us on the same tiers that previously ONLY had Comcast Sports Chicago. In my area, you HAD to get Multisports (E*) or SportsPak (D*) to get ANY pro sports on FSN Midwest; this is no longer the case.

E* DOES have this updated on their local channels lookup page - unfortunately, D* has NOT updated this info on their RSN lookup page. :(

I still have to sub to the Multisports to get FSN-MW here in easter Iowa.

Has FSN-MW stopped blocking Cardinal broadcasts to Dish Network subscribers in Central Illinois and parts of Iowa?

Earlier in the season, both DN and Direct were blocked from showing those broadcasts in my zip code in Western Illinois, but later DirectTV worked out a deal directly with Fox Sports MW to allow them to show the Cardinal broadcasts. Dish was still blocked last time I knew.

It's weird to me that I can get Brewer games on the multi-sports package, but I can't get Cardinal broadcasts during the gametime blackout period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)