Multistar 85cm E85-5 installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iaddahleh

Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Hello,

I recently purchased the following equipment:

Multistar E85 cm elliptical dish with 4 linear LNBs
SonicView SV-360 Premier
Sonic View 4x1 DiSEqC switch

I am trying to get the following four satellites:
87.0W AMC3
95.0W G3
97.0W G25
99.0W G16

The installation instructions for the multistar dish aren't really the greteast. I am having a hard time starting off and how to setup the arm for the multistar dish.

I am starting with one LNB to try and lock onto one satellite. I do see a very good signal strength but the quality stays in at zero.

I am located in zip code 53808. I have tried several attempts for over a couple of weeks and hired an installer who both him and I arent able to figure it out yet.

I would appreciate any help on this since i am on the verge of giving up.

Thanks!

You might leave out the diseqc switch for the initial setup on your center bird.
That'll simplify things.

Whether the LNBs are Standard or Universal (must be linear), will make a difference on how you set the LO in the receiver.
Do you have a link for your LNBs and your dish?

I doubt you'll get birds 2º apart on that dish.
Most LNBs cannot be mounted close enough together.
Ya might get 99º & 95º, though.
87º to 99º is probably not an unreasonable spread

edit:
Just to get started, you could put an LNB directly in line with the arm, set your receiver to a strong transponder for whichever bird you want to try first, then do an alignment.
Do look for a rising Quality on your meters. Signal strength alone doesn't really mean anything.
It's a lot easier if you take the receiver and monitor out beside the dish, too.

Last edited:
Hi Anole,

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

Ok I'll make sure that the diseqc switch isnt there initially.

Excuse my ignorance as I am pretty new to the FTA world, what do you mean by LO in the receiver? Wouldnt the frequencies all be preset in the receiver?

I bought all my equipment from GoSatellite.com. The link to the dish from them is as follows:
MultiStar 85cm Elliptical Dish

I cant find a link to the LNBs but the information is as follows:
DIGIWAV DGL990D
DSS Dual LNBF
Input Frequency:11.70-12.20Ghz
L.O Frequency: 10.75Ghz

Does it matter that with this dish you cant really have an LNB directly center of the dish?

Any reason to why we might be getting a signal but no quality?

Thanks so much for everything Anole!

Hello Iceberg,

I thought there were a whole bunch of channels (From Lyngsat Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W - LyngSat: ABC, FOX, NBC, CW, etc...)? Is that not the case.

Do you have other recommendations on what satellites to get the most channels from? I was told I cant get 123.0W -G18 with the other three I wanted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts