Multiswitch Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sox404

Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
I have an Eagle Aspen 5x8 powered multiswitch (the OTA input is not used) that I've been using without a problem for about a year. It's hooked up to several STBs including an R10 TIVO unit which was connected multiswitch outputs #7 and 8. About month ago, I connected the R10 to a new HD TV. If it matters, I also installed a Comcast cable connection directly to the TV so I could watch HD programs through the TV's QAM tuner. About a week later, one of the R10's tuners indicated that it could not find the satellite. I diagnosed this to output #7 on the Eagle Aspen failing (#7 now doesn't work no matter what STB is connected). I connected the cable connected to #7 to previously empty output #6. Now after about 3 weeks, both #6 and #8 stopped working. The other outputs connected to other STBs still work fine.

Obviously, I need a new multiswitch. But does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this problem? Thanks for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts