Multiswitch Troubles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I have a single output Ku LNBF on 129W (for Whitesprings) and a Dual output Ku LNBF on 123. They are hooked into a 4x4 multiswitch. The multiswitch has two receivers hooked up to it.

123W 22khz off.
129W 22Khz on, hooked up to H only.

My coolsat 4000 works perfectly hooked up to either coax output of the 4x4 multiswitch. However, my Visionsat only gets 123W using either coax. Tried my Traxs 2500; same thing as the visionsat.

I'm not using any coax terminators anywhere. No Diseqc. No splitters.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a single output Ku LNBF on 129W (for Whitesprings) and a Dual output Ku LNBF on 123. They are hooked into a 4x4 multiswitch. The multiswitch has two receivers hooked up to it.

123W 22khz off.
129W 22Khz on, hooked up to H only.

My coolsat 4000 works perfectly hooked up to either coax output of the 4x4 multiswitch. However, my Visionsat only gets 123W using either coax. Tried my Traxs 2500; same thing as the visionsat.

I'm not using any coax terminators anywhere. No Diseqc. No splitters.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Equant,

If I were to make a quick decision and snap to an answer for you (which may or may not be correct) I would go by my gut feeling and say that the menu settings in the Visionsat and the Traxis are either wrong or that neither one of them like the switch type that you have installed or entered.

I have not tested a Visionsat or a Traxis receiver, so I just have to reply out of instinct and a gut reaction. Without more troubleshooting information, that is about the best that I can offer. Sometimes a gut reaction is accurate, sometimes it is totally erroneous. But, I would start lookig in this direction first.

Radar

something doesnt sound right because I have kinda the same setup
123W & a bandstacked C-Band LNB set up
123 on 22k
bandstacked on 13v only

Visionsat, Coolsat 5000 & a Viacast all work just fine on that setup

When I setup the Visionsat to use 22kHz (for 129W) and blindscan I get WRTV, WISH, WTHR, WXIN and WTTV but they are scrambled. I'm assuming that these are DishNetwork channels on 129W. Even with this development, I'm still watching WhiteSprings on my Coolsat 4000 through the same switch. Odd.

When I setup the Visionsat to use 22kHz (for 129W) and blindscan I get WRTV, WISH, WTHR, WXIN and WTTV but they are scrambled.

Ok, but the Visionsat only gets a signal for the above channels if the coolsat is watching WhiteSprings.

I'm going to try a new 4x4 switch and see what happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)