Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
mun2 added to DIRECTV's English lineup

DIRECTV has added Latino network mun2 to its English channel lineup. It can be found on Channel 410, and is available as part of our CHOICE XTRA™ package and above.

Thanks Jamie.

This is not a bad channel, and if your a wrestling fan they repeat all the WWE shows in HD a couple times a week in English. :)

No idea...I'll have to take a look at it when I get home. I also have HD and the HD Extra pack if that helps...

Had it put in around October of last year.

Checked last night, doesn't look like I'm picking up that satellite.

That's slightly disturbing. Not that I planned to watch mun2 a lot, but the fact they're adding new channels and not everyone can get them.

At least Dish would put an unsightly 2nd dish on your roof if it had to. Does DirecTV do anything like that? Are there other channels I'm probably paying for but not receiving due to that?

All they would need to do is swap your 3LNB for a 5LNB - the dish would stay the same.
If you need this channel THAT bad, call up D* & tell them you want this channel & they'll probably do the swap for FREE. There is a couple of other PI channels on 119, such as Hope & Jewish Life TV - you might want to tell them you want to watch these as well, & that should definitely get you the FREE upgrade - oh yea, since you have premier, there's also about 15+ extra Sonic Tap channels you're missing on 119...

All they would need to do is swap your 3LNB for a 5LNB - the dish would stay the same.
If you need this channel THAT bad, call up D* & tell them you want this channel & they'll probably do the swap for FREE. There is a couple of other PI channels on 119, such as Hope & Jewish Life TV - you might want to tell them you want to watch these as well, & that should definitely get you the FREE upgrade - oh yea, since you have premier, there's also about 15+ extra Sonic Tap channels you're missing on 119...

Really...thanks for the info!

According to DirecTV Mun2 is not included in English packages yet, still just in Spanish Packages. Seems there is a bit of confusion here.

it is in the English packs as I have Choice + and it shows up and works in the guide....ya need to be able to see 119 though

Ok, after 3 calls, I finally got a hold of someone who took the time to look into this, and they set up an appointment in a week. I explained what I learned here, that they just need to swap out the 3LNB for a 5 LNB. They told me they need to "put in a larger dish".

Any idea what they're really doing?? Hopefully the guy who comes out here knows what to do. Even if I don't need a larger dish, I'll take it (I suppose this could only improve signal strenth, right?).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts