Munch Munch Munch......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
crow.jpg

You mean to tell me that DirecTV is no longer in dead last place when it comes to HD? Wow! I am not sure what good this will do them now since every bailed over to FiOS, Dish Network, and cable to get their "HD fix" years ago.

You mean to tell me that DirecTV is no longer in dead last place when it comes to HD? Wow! I am not sure what good this will do them now since every bailed over to FiOS, Dish Network, and cable to get their "HD fix" years ago.

Don't think so. There were many that just bailed on Dish and cable over the past couple of months becuase of the promise of HD.

A lot of people probably did that, true.

But when the other 90% of the population gets an HDTV, D* will be ready.

Even though I'm not a big sports fan... I know there has been a lot of OSU fans jumping from Time Warner since their greed kept them from signing up with Big Ten. The new channels will also fuel the jump.

since i have Q on ignore, did he say something noteworthy? hmm, this might be a red letter day after all!!

You might want to get your facts straight, and you can start with this article - net subscriber numbers were up in 2Q, churn was down, and advanced services subscribers (HD and DVR) are way up...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/44085-directv-group-q2-2007-earnings-call-transcript

By the way, Questioner, great job... definitely earned some respect from me (for whatever that's worth).

Good for you Q! (for this time only I have nothing else to say!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)